Chapter 139

I lived. And I feel cheated. The hurricane completely missed me 😑.

	"How d'ya think it's goin' up there?" Maggie nudged Glenn with her shoulder

"How d'ya think it's goin' up there?" Maggie nudged Glenn with her shoulder. The light from the trifecta of candles that Carol's using to cook casting warm light over the group that's mostly all gathered in the living room for food and companionship in the dark cold house.

Glenn shrugged. "It's Daryl and Eve, two of the most non-verbal people I have ever met, having to talk to each other. I can't imagine it's going very well. But they'll work it out."

"One good thing about not talking a lot is not being able to beat around the bush."

Maggie's eyebrows creased at the center. "How d'you know that?"

Glenn grimaced, looking to the side with the barn incident in mind. "Trust me. I know. They're both good at a lot of things, — I can't speak for Daryl but Eve isn't a huge fan of wasting words."

'Yeah, she really ain't.' Maggie scoffed under her breath recalling the many times she's talked at the woman. Today was probably the first proper conversation she's ever had with her.

 Today was probably the first proper conversation she's ever had with her

"What do we do about it?" Eve asked. For once not having any clue what to do.

"What do ya wanna do about it?" Daryl countered, not having any idea either.

Both of them sat in silence. Eve tapping her index fingers together.

The only thing that comes to mind is, "Maybe ... we should just see what happens?"

"You mean wait again?"

"Yes and no. I mean like ..." Eve tilted her head back and forth struggling to find the right words to explain.

"Give it a try?" Daryl offered and Eve nodded.

"I don't think it'll take too long to figure out if we like it. If it's not for us, we can just agree to stay partners."

Daryl would normally nod in agreement with her logic, she's pretty good at logic. But it seems she's not so good with feelings.

Daryl chewed his lip. "I get it, but feelin's don't work like that, Twinkle Toes."