When We Were Young

Allison's POV-
My mom.

She hid the fact that I had a brother. A real brother.

A blood related one.

I feel my blood boiling inside of me, anger building every second a tear drops from her eyes.

I go running vampire speed to her, crying my eyes out.

"Why the hell did you keep this from me! For so long?" I tell her, my voice shaky.

She just stood there, oblivious.

I go back to my brother.

"I need to talk to you. Alone." I tell him.

"Indeed, let's go somewhere private." He responds.

We go back to my room.

"How-how did you die?" I ask him.

"Well, thanks to you I'm here now. So whatever happened in the past does not matter anymore." He tells me.

I still don't trust this guy. Even if he's my brother, he can still be dangerous.

I sensed danger since he awoke.

"I need your help, in return." I tell him getting straight to the point.

"And what would that be?" He questions.

"I digged through Katie's mind. I saw that you were the only one that could do the spell, you're the strongest man Traveler in the world."I tell him.

"Legend has it that in order for this to be possible, you need to get the strongest male and female Traveler out there, and us two, we are the strongest." I explain.

"So you're telling me you want a child of your own." He asks.

"Yes, I do." I tell him.

"So you've spent years trying to find my grave, right?" He asks.

"No, actually. It only took me a day." I say.

"Wait, but Katie, she died long ago." He tells me.

"No, she's alive." I tell him confused.

When I tell him this he looks so angry. Why would he be? They loved each other.

"Where is she?" He asks me.

"I-I dont know. When she realized you woke up she left, running." I tell him the honest truth.

Then i realize why. He's compelling me.

No one is able to compell me. How did he?

That's when I realize. He's stronger than me.

Katie's POV-
I don't know where I'm going. But I have to be as far from Nathaniel as I can get. He tried to kill me.

I thought going with Alli, I could stop her from bringing him back.

Until Ethan stood in the way.

I'm useless now. I'm human and I'm not the most powerful in the world of Travelers.

Grayson's POV-
I have Allison's powers right now. I'm out so while she's inside by herself with Nathaniel. I use my hearing skills to hear what they're talking about.

"Why are you compelling me?"

I hear Alli say.

I see Ethan on the floor, blood flowing through his nose.

"Ethan?! Ethan!" I scream.

"G-Grayson. Save Alli, she's in danger. Please don't worry about me." He tells me whispering.

"N-No e-ethan what ar-are you even talking about." I say not being able to take the words out.

"I love you Grayson. Dont forget. Tell Alli I love her too, please." He tells me giving a faint crooked smile.

"Ethan no, what are you talking about." I say not being able to control myself.

A stream of tears floods from my eyes after I realize Ethan

Isn't going to make it.

"No no, Ethan please hold on a little longer, wait Alli will be here any second t-to save you okay, buddy?" I say trying to convince myself.

"Take care of yourself, Gray." He tells me holding my hand, a tear in his eye.

I see his eyes close and his hands on mine go limp.

"No, No! Ethan Please!"I say stuttering in between my cries.

He can't be.... dead. After all we've been through he can't be. I won't be able to live without him, I can't. We've been each other's best friends since little, and he can't be taken away in front of me.

I hug him and cry on his shoulder.

I don't know what to do with myself.

Not anymore.

-page 247