Lovely Dreams

Allison's POV-
Did Ethan really just say that? What am I saying, he's just dreaming, it's probably nothing.

But I couldn't stand looking at him normally without knowing the truth.

"Alli, Alli?" I hear Gray call over me.

"W-what? Oh hey I'm still waiting here for Ethan to wake up. I'm fine" I say reassuring him.

"Okay, wake me up when he does." Gray tells me smiling going back to sleep.

We dont have normal lives, yet it almost feels like we do. It's only me, Gray and Ethan now. We only have each other.

About an hour passes, and while I'm holding Ethan's hand I feel it move.

"Ethan, Ethan?" I call over whispering.

He starts to smile a little.

"Alli?" He tells me his voice groggy.

"Oh my gosh, I was so worried." I tell him hugging him relieved he woke up.

"I'm so happy you're alive." I tell him crying of joy.

"It's because of you I'm here Alli. I could hear you earlier Alli, I just couldn't move. It's not your fault Alli, it never will be." He tells me holding my cheek.

"I had a really weird dream earlier, it was real situations but I felt like it was real. Too bad it wasn't." He says looking down.

So, Ethan does like me. It can't happen, I'm with Grayson.

I can't get his hopes up on anything. He's my best friend, I give him a little kisses here and there, but friendly, Gray knows that.

"Ethan, whatever your dream was it's probably not gonna happen. You probably dreamed you would be with the most beautiful girl in the planet." I tell him laughing.

"She was the most. She is the most beautiful." He says looking into my eyes.

He fastly looks down when he realizes I'm looking at him.

"Oh u-uhm so who's the secret girl?" I tell him nervously laughing.

"I wish she could be my girl. But she has someone already, but I'm happy for that person." He says looking the opposite side of me.

"Well don't give up Eth, that girl is probably a bitch. You'll find someone better." I tell him smiling while holding his hand. Why am I holding it? Yet I don't let go.

"Yeah, maybe Alli. Thanks." He tells me smiling.

We look at each other smiling.

"Well uhm, I'll sleep next to you today, if that's okay with you. I don't want you like dying in your sleep or anything." I tell him.

"Yeah, okay. Go ahead." He tells me his eyes almost lighting up when I tell him I'll sleep with him today.

"Goodnight Ethan." I tell him giving him a light hug.

"Goodnight All." He tells me before turning around.

I realized how tired I was. I haven't slept in two days straight.

I fall fast asleep.

Ethan's POV-
I hate it. I hate having feelings for her. Once she had risked her life for mine, I realized the feelings I had for her.

I can't sleep, not knowing she's beside me.

She always had this thing where she would snore a little, she's such a dork.

I don't know how I'll get these feelings away, but I'm gonna have to try. I turn around and see her beautiful face.

Everything about her is perfect, even her eyebrows. Everything.

But my brother feels that way about her too, so of course I would never tell anyone the feelings I have for Alli. Not over my dead body.

I slowly get closer to her face and give her a 10 second kiss in the cheek. I had to remember that before I do what I have to do.

This is the only way I'll forget about my feelings.

I have to.

-page 304