Presence

Allison's POV-
"What the-"

"Don't get distracted. Keep it going."

I just turn around and refocus on what we're doing.

"jalabah 'iilaa alhaya" we say about 3 times.

Our nose start to bleed really bad, and then we sense the feeling that it's done.

I can feel Ethan's radiation beside me.

I look down and he's there, still unconscious.

"We did it Gray!" I tell him happy to still be well and alive next to him.

"Gray, how the hell are you a Traveler right now?" I ask him.

"Well, Nathaniel sure knew the little spell on how to turn me into a Traveler for a day, so that sure came in handy." He explains.

"Why would you leave me Alli? Just like that?" He asks me looking down.

"Because if i told you, you wouldn't let me do it." I tell him lifting his chin up to look at me.

"You could have died Alli. And no one would know. Can you imagine how bad I would have felt if you were there, dead with me not being able to do anything about it?" He tells me frowning.

"Look, I'm still here, right? Let's just make sure Ethan's fine, and then we can see what we'll do about it, okay?" I tell him.

"Okay." He tells me grabbing Ethan to take him back home.

When we are, I see Nate sleeping.

He probably doesn't think I made it.

We put him on the bed and when Grayson does, I sit next to Ethan.

"Gray, get some sleep. I'll stay here with Ethan until he wakes up." I tell him grabbing his hands.

"Alright, are you sure you want to stay up by yourself?" Gray asks.

"Positive. Goodnight." I tell him kissing his cheek.

When he goes to sleep, I go back to Ethan.

I grab his hand and pray he wakes up soon.

Ethan's POV-
It's weird. I'm aware of people around me, I can hear everything but I just can move.

"I'm so sorry Ethan, I'm so sorry for what I put you through." I hear Alli whisper sobbing a little.

I want to hug her, but I can't seem to move at all. It's really irritating me.

Apparently I didn't have to turn into a Traveler, but is Grayson one? I mean he did help Alli bring me back.

I'm awake. So now I have to finish what he started. Nathaniel.

Allison's POV-
It's been 3 hours of me crying my eyes out, and he still doesn't wake up.

I start to play with his fingers. It was getting entertaining, until then I realize his eyes were moving under his eyelids.

I think he's having the same experience I was having when he couldn't move at all.

Or he's dreaming.

I can totally tell he's dreaming, usually when he is he says a bunch of different words in his sleep, just like Gray.

"I want you to be in my life forever." I hear him say.

I quietly start to laugh, still playing with his fingers.

"No matter who comes between us, we'll always be together. Even when we don't know whether it's real or not."

Okay, Ethan has been watching too much Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

"I love you, Alli."

Okay, I'm definitely not a Kardashian.

Did he just say what I think he said?

-page 298