Reunited

Allison's POV-
I cry at the sight of him. I'm wide eyed, not being able to believe he's in front of me right now.

As im watching him, I can feel myself be able to breathe again, my heart pacing at a normal rate, my burning sensations disappearing.

I snap back to the world and the only thing I can focus on is Ethan. Everything's in slow motion.

I run up to him, running as fast as I can down the stairs. I hug him, harder than I've ever hugged anyone in the world.

He spins me around, just like he used to. His presence brings joy to my heart, me being able to feel him brings joy to my heart.

I let go to wipe the tears off my face.

"I'm sorry, I kind of look like shit right now." I tell him, softly laughing.

"Alli, you look beautiful." He tells me, hugging me once more.

"I thought Grayson was lying to me." He tells me.

"Lying about what?" I ask, confused.

"He told me you were technically dying without me." Ethan tells me.

"Yeah, I was Ethan. I've never been so empty in my life." I truthfully tell him.

"I'm so sorry, Alli." He says, hugging me tighter.

"Just promise you'll never leave again?" I tell him, releasing the hug to look at his beautiful, hazel eyes.

"I promise." He tells me, widely smiling. I smile back.

"Let's go home." I tell him.

"Let's go." He says, holding onto my hand on the way there.

I don't bother to give him powers in order to walk all the way to Hawaii. I want to cherish every single moment we have right now.

"Alli, what were you doing here anyway?" Ethan catches me by surprise.

"I was raging, Ethan. I didn't know what to do with myself at that point. I went looking for Alice and Jason, to kill them." I tell him.

"Oh." He simply responds.

"What made you do it?" He asks me.

"Well before that, when you reached me... well you know what you said. Why did you change your mind?" I ask him.

He stops.

"Wait, what? I didn't tell you anything." He tells me, confused.

"Yeah, you did. You told me that I ruin everything I touch, and that Grayson was next. That's what made me spiral." I tell him.

"I'm so sorry, I was drunk." He tells me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You drink?" I ask, getting frustrated.

"No, but at that point I did. I had to take my mind off... things." He tells me.

"Oh, so you felt as bad as I did, didn't you?" I ask.

"Definitely, we should like never be apart." He tells me, laughing.

"Yeah, we probably should have realized that earlier." I tell him.

The whole way there were quiet, the cold calm breeze lightly hitting our bodies.

About midway, I feel really nauseous.

"Hey, can we stop to like a gas station? I need to go to the restroom." I tell him.

"Sure, there's one about 5 minutes from here." He tells me.