A year later

Allison's POV-
"Seems like this place is actually pretty fun to say the least." I tell him as I look around.

A nice little home, covered in beautiful roses.

Before when I was a newbie Traveler, the only thing I could see was a white place with endless space.

Now I can see the actual world he's living in.

"I'm really glad you're happy, Ethan." I tell him as I grab his hand, smiling.

The feelings he had for me for years are long gone. I feel like we both knew we weren't meant for each other in the first place.

He was always my best friend, but I feel like I thought he was more than that to me since he was with me since day one.

I remember the first conversation we had in Art, the first time we kissed.

But those are memories and only that. We've both chose different paths.

"Yeah, I'm happy here with Kylie." He tells me, smiling.

"You know, if I actually weren't able to see you like this, that I'd rather just die, right?" I ask Ethan.

"Huh?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Remember, we're linked to each other. When you had left me for the first time, the pain was unbearable." I explain.

"Oh, right. I'm another story, since I'm already dead." He tells me, chuckling.

"I remember the first place we hung out was the movies. That's the first place we were together, and now here we are, in the after life." I tell him.

"Yeah, but it was for a good cause. I mean I am always saving you when something bad happens." He tells me.

"You're absolutely reckless." I tell him as I laugh.

"Ethan." I say as I face him.

"Yeah, what's up?" He asks.

"About what Lyal said-"

"Allison, his words didn't affect me. I know you cared for me and you still do. I died for the first girl I ever loved, and I died in peace. My last moments in the world were the moments I faced you, I died for the reason I thought I'd die." He tells me.

"For you." He tells me, smiling.

I begin to tear up, knowing that everything he was saying is true.

Allison Parker, once a normal girl that always stayed home and studied.

Now is a Traveler, the strongest in the world, who kills bad guys for a living.

How ironic.

"But I'm happy, Allison. I really am. I died for my best friend, and I'm happy that I died that way." He tells me.

"Getting to see you is such a privilege, Ethan. If we were normal, I don't know what I'd do without my best friend." I tell him, looking down at the grass floor.