Couches

Ethan's POV-
I start to walk inside the room where I kicked Grayson's ass.

It was so dumb for me to turn it off. I should have known Allison wouldn't let me get away with it.

When Allison grabbed my hands... It didn't feel the same as when Kylie did it.

Kylie was just... different.

It's probably nothing. I just needed someone...

"Gray." I say, speed walking to him kneeling down.

"I'm sorry." I say, putting my palm onto his chest.

"Wake." I say. He slowly begins to move his eyes.

I leave my palm there, giving him more than half of my energy.

When I do, he gets up.

"I-I'm sorry Gray, I truly don't know what the hell I was do-"

"Stop apologizing. It's fine Ethan, I know you couldn't control it." Grayson says, giving me a hug.

That's all I've ever needed from anyone. Love. That's all I've needed these past years.

I was always the outsider, the one to be out of the big plan.

That's changed for the better. I hope.

"Well, I'll leave you and Allison alone." I say before leaving the room.

I go on the white couch and sit on it to watch TV. Haven't watched it in years now.

"Mind if I sit?" Kylie asks.

"No, go ahead." I say, putting my feet down from the couch and properly sitting down.

"Didn't know you could turn it on so fast." She says in disbelief.

"It's Allison. My own self was probably pissing his pants." I say, beginning to laugh.

"Yeah, you're right. When she said she was gonna kill me, let me tell you I was truly shitting my pants." She says, laughing along with me.

"Well, I think everyone's scared of her." I mutter.

"Hey, are you actually stronger than her?" Kylie asks out of the blue.

"I don't know. If I train hard, I can be. But it's not about the competition." I say, switching the channels.

"Yeah, it never should be. I mean your family is pretty great." She says, slightly smiling.

"Don't exclude yourself. You're part of this family too." I say, sending a smile at her.

"Thanks." She says, starting to blush.

Blush? In front of me? That's a first.

We both stay there, watching TV.

My eyes start to slowly close, I begin to grow tired every time I look at the TV.

within seconds, I fall fast asleep.

I hope Kylie was too.

Grayson's POV-
"Are you okay?" Bella and Caleb ask me at the same time.

"Yeah, I am. Don't be mad at your uncle, okay? He's just had it hard." I say to both of them.

"But daddy, he hit you!" Caleb says loudly.

"He couldn't control it. He turned it off, but your mother helped him turn it back on." I explain.

"I didn't know he did, but why would he?" Bella asks.

"It's hard to explain. But now stuff is going to change around here." I say.

No more leaving him out of everything. All he's ever needed was someone to care for him.

That's why he was so attached to Allison. The first year they met, she was all the attention Ethan needed.

I feel like he still felt the same way, not having any closure to that.

I haven't been paying attention to the other people I care about, only Allison.

That's been so wrong of me. But that'll change now for the better.

"Hey, Grayson?" Allison whispers.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask, getting a little closer to her.

"Do you think him and Kylie have a... you know, thing?" She asks.

"I don't think so. He hasn't paid much attention to her since she came here." I respond.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm probably just crazy." She says.

"Well, I'm definitely crazy for you." I say, grabbing her hands.

She continues to blush, lightly laughing. I love it when she does that. I don't know how I got so lucky.

"Ew, daddy that's gross!" Bella says, giggling.

"Oh! I forgot you were here." I say, rubbing the back of my neck, getting red.

How embarassing.

Ethan's POV-
I wake up due to hearing Bella shriek.

What happened?

I look around the room, realizing I fell dead asleep on the couch.

I look to my right. Kylie fell asleep on my shoulder.

Her head is titled. When she wakes up, it'll hurt.

I slowly bring her head closer to my chest, making sure not to wake her up.

When I do, she snuggles up on me.

"Sleepyhead." I mutter, laughing to myself.

I put my chin on top of her head, making sure she's warm enough.

"Thanks." She mutters, lightly tugging onto my shirt.

I smile, forgetting she can't really see me.

"Goodnight." I say back before falling fast asleep.