Chapter Two: Journey Begins

(Corrin and Elise stand outside the door of the throne room in Castle Krakenburg. Corrin makes to go and knock, but the door is opened before they get the chance. Xander walks out)

Corrin: Ah! Xander! Is Father in there? I was hoping he'd be able to forgive me for what happened before...

Xander: As a matter of fact, yes. He just finished his strategy meeting with Iago. He requested that I come and find you, actually. Go inside and see what he needs. It would be best to avoid keeping him waiting. 

Corrin: Alright... Elise, I'm not going to make you come with me. I don't want him getting angry with you for defending me. 

Elise: But I want to make sure that you're okay!

Corrin: If you're so insistent on coming... Alright. Just know that you can leave if things get too intense. 

Xander: I wish to come along as well. Maybe he'll be merciful with your punishment for disobeying him. 

(The three enter the throne room of Nohr, where Garon is sitting atop the throne)

Corrin: Father, I am here to--

Garon: Silence! I know why you have come. I have decided that I will grant you some leeway since you are my child. I have something in mind. If you can complete this task successfully, I will pardon your crime in full. 

Corrin: What sort of mission?

Garon: There is an abandoned fortress on the border between Hoshido and Nohr. I wish to know if it is still serviceable. You are to go there and inspect the premises. No battle is required. I won't tolerate a second disappointment. Do you understand?

Corrin: Yes, Father. It shall be done. 

(Shortly after, Corrin is preparing for the mission. Garon has left. The Nohrian siblings are crowded around Corrin)

Camilla: Are you sure you're going to be okay out there? I don't like this...

Corrin: Of course. Don't worry. It's just an abandoned fort. 

Leo: You're acting rather casual about all this. It isn't like Father to be so forgiving. 

Elise: That's enough, Leo! Don't be so worried all the time. And don't try to scare them before their first mission!

Camilla: I suppose I'll just have to come along. That way I know Corrin will be safe. 

Iago: I'm afraid that's not possible. 

(Iago and Garon enter)

Camilla: Why not, Iago?

Iago: King Garon intends this expedition as a test of sorts. As his top advisor, I was entrusted with coordinating this mission. He would like to know whether your sibling is worthy... They are part of the royal lineage. Your assistance would simply muddle the results. 

Corrin: Understood. Camilla, I need to do this all by myself. Surely you understand. 

Garon: Not all by yourself, Avatar. 

Corrin: Father!

Garon: Rest assured, I don't intend to send you out there completely defenseless. 

(Hans enters)

Hans: Milord. 

(If Corrin is male)