(C) Chapter Twenty-Two: Sakura

(The scene opens with Corrin and Azura standing outside Fort Jinya)

Azura: This is Fort Jinya, Hoshido's front line. It is rumored to be impregnable.

Corrin: Of course it's impregnable. It can't ever be easy, can it?

Azura: ...We may be fighting people we know today.

Corrin: I... I suspected as such...

Azura: I assume you want to maintain your ways of peace still, yes?

Corrin: You didn't even have to ask. I'm not going to kill any of them. They're innocent in all of this. They're defending their home... Which makes me even more guilty for using this blade against them.

Azura: The Rainbow Sage believed in you when he entrusted you with Yato.

Corrin: It wouldn't surprise me if his trust was misplaced. I mean, look at me. I'm about to invade the place I grew up in all because the king thinks it's a good idea.

Azura: You chose this path. Do you intend to follow it through?

Corrin: Of course... Tell the troops not to kill anyone. The soldiers are innocent. We have no business taking their lives.

Azura: Understood.

(The scene transitions to show Hana standing with Yukimura)

Yukimura: Princess Sakura, it's time for you to leave. You must escape.

Sakura: What?!

Yukimura: You must stop healing our soldiers and retreat. The Nohrian army is at our doorstep.

Sakura: I can't just leave!

Yukimura: Princess, you must understand—

Sakura: I will remain here. I cannot abandon my people.

Yukimura: You'll be at risk if you stay longer.

Sakura: I will not leave!

Yukimura: ...It appears I cannot change your mind.

Sakura: I refuse to leave my people here to die in my stead. I will fight alongside them. I am not the powerless princess I once was.

Yukimura: ...I will arrange for your protection. If you are in severe danger, I must push for your retreat.

Sakura: I promise to follow your directions.

Yukimura: Good... Prepare for battle. We don't have a moment to lose.

(The battle begins)

(Initiating combat against Hana)

Hana: My sword will not rest until my lady is safe!

(Corrin initiates combat with Hana)

Hana: You must be Lord Corrin.

Corrin: ...I am.

Hana: I cannot forgive your crimes against Hoshido. You turned your back on us when our queen was about to die. You left your family behind. You abandoned your people. And for what? Another group unrelated to you by blood?

Corrin: I... I made my choice. I understand your anger, but I will not back down now.

Hana: So be it. Prepare yourself at once!