Chapter Five: War on the Horizon

(The scene begins on the Plains of Hoshido. Corrin, Hinoka, Takumi, Azura, and Sakura are all gathered together. Kaze and Rinkah stand nearby. Ryoma has gone ahead to confront Xander. Corrin's company is ambushed by an axe fighter, but Corrin fights the invader off with help from Hinoka)

Hinoka: Corrin, you seem distracted. What's the matter with you? If you're worried, don't be. We're all here with you. The Nohrians don't stand a chance!

(Scene transitions to Ryoma and Xander, who are fighting nearby)

Ryoma: I demand to know why your Nohrian dogs are invading Hoshido! I suspect that cowardly attack on my people was also your doing, princeling. 

Xander: I have nothing to say to you. Surrender now. If you refuse, you die here.  

(Camilla, Leo and Elise appear)

Elise: Oh, no! The bridge collapsed! How can we help Corrin now?

Camilla: Not to worry, Elise. This royal blood in our veins is still good for something!

(Camilla uses a Dragon Vein to dry the river)

Camilla: I would never let you down, darling. Now, follow me. 

Leo: Elise, you're not ready for the front lines. Stay back. Camilla and I will take care of the Hoshidans. 

(Camilla and Leo move closer to the Hoshidan forces while Elise stays behind. Scene transitions to Hoshidan royals)

Hinoka: The Nohrian army used a Dragon Vein to dry up the river!

Takumi: Yeah, which means there must be some real big shots over there. Suits me just fine. I always wanted to use a Nohrian royal for target practice!

Hinoka: Stay focused, Corrin. The Nohrians brought their heavy hitters this time. 

(Hans enters from the left with reinforcements)

Hans: Listen up, cannon fodder! We have a direct order from King Garon. He says to kill them all!

Hinoka: Dammit, their reinforcements have arrived! 

Takumi: The Nohrian royals are no pushovers. We should have expected reinforcements...

(A group of nine enemies pushes through the Hoshidan lines. Corrin, Sakura, Azura, Kaze, and Rinkah, this chapter's playable units, are surrounded. Note: Takumi and Hinoka are green units that act on their own)

Takumi: It's an ambush! 

Hinoka: We'll have to work together to ward them off!

(The battle begins)

(If Sakura is defeated)

Sakura: Ah! I-I'm sorry, but I can't go on! P-Please, stay safe!

(If Takumi is defeated)

Takumi: Damn it all! I can't fight like this! I'm sorry, but have to retreat. Don't die!

(If Hinoka is defeated)

Hinoka: I'm counting on you all to take care of things! I'm sorry I couldn't have been more help!

(If Corrin is defeated)

Corrin: Ack-! That... That hurts... I'm sorry...

Hinoka: No! Corrin, you have to wake up! Corrin!

(Game Over screen appears)

(After the battle ends)

Hinoka: Good work fighting off that ambush. Now, let's hurry! We need to go and make sure Ryoma is okay!

--------------------------------------

This one is probably going to be the shortest script in the entire rewrite. 

Why? This is meant to be based off the prologue, which is already short in comparison to other chapters. Second, this chapter is just before chapter six, and I felt this was the best place to split the dialogue before the Branch of Fate. I know that it's incredibly short, but the next chapter should make up for it. I hope. 

Next, we have the Branch of Fate. Chapter six's first part will be before Corrin makes the decision of where they side. After that, it'll branch off into three different versions. 

Just so we're clear, I'm covering Birthright first. It's my favorite path, and I have the most ideas on changing the story. Yay. 

Now, I'm going to go and copy these chapters onto FF. Bye. 

-Digital