(AF) Chapter Three: Gift of the Midnight

Deep within the land of Valla, Anankos is waiting to meet with the hero of his choosing as well. The queen of Valla, Concordia, intends to speak with her patron god to receive his gifts, unaware of what is truly waiting for her. 

(The chapter opens to show Concordia making her way through the trees in the northern region of Valla.)

Concordia: He should be here... Hm. 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The objective is to reach Anankos, who is waiting at the top of the map. After the objective has been completed, the following dialogue plays out.)

Concordia: At long last, I have found you. It's good to see you once again, my lord. 

Anankos: The same to you, Concordia.

Concordia: Your request to speak with me stated that you had gifts to grant me. What prompted this?

Anankos: I have created many incredible weapons that I believe will be used to maintain the peace of Valla. I trust you to keep the land safe using their power. 

Concordia: I should hope that it never comes to combat, but I will still humbly accept your gifts. 

Anankos: In that case, look here. 

(Anankos shows a series of five weapons stretched out on the grass.)

Anankos: This sword is known as Yato. It acts as the pinnacle of the legendary weapons created by me and the twins of Dusk and Dawn. Its full power will be unlocked when the strength of all the weapons is combined in the name of stability and peace for the land. 

Concordia: I see... May its peace remain true for many years to come. 

Anankos: This lance is Safaia. The staff is Miranew while its partner, a tome, is Ragnarok. Finally, there is a dragonstone by the name of Asazhi. 

Concordia: A dragonstone? 

Anankos: Yes... Back on the Astral Plane, we dragons were able to shift back and forth between human and dragon form. Our power was greatly decreased when we traveled into the land of mortals, and we prefer to stay as dragons, but... I wish to give you Asazhi just in case something happens with my blood. 

Concordia: Your blood? 

(A small sphere of light travels from Anankos before merging with Concordia.)

Anankos: I have granted you the power of my blood. This will allow you to change the land as you see fit using the lingering energy that I have infused Pheuyura with. I trust you to use it only for the sake of protecting your people. 

Concordia: But of course... But how does this relate to Asazhi?

Anankos: I feel that there is a possibility that my draconic blood could have strange side effects on your descendants. They could possess the power of the Astral Dragons because of the strength that I have granted you. Asazhi is a safeguard in case they need to fuel their power into a stone to maintain control. 

Concordia: I understand. I will keep it safe regardless of if it is necessary to use. 

Anankos: Thank you... Now, there are two more gifts that I wish to give you. 

Concordia: Oh? What do you speak of? 

Anankos: This pendant... It possesses power from both my dragonstone and one of my scales. All of the weapons have the power of my scales as well, and that is what gives them such legendary power. This pendant possesses mystical abilities, and I believe that you will be able to find good use for it. 

Concordia: I will look after it, my lord. I promise. 

Anankos: My final gift is a song that can be used with the pendant. When combined, their power can release creatures from corruption and pain. This song has been sung by Astral Dragons for generations, but I wish to pass it to you now since you are my successor. 

Concordia: Of course... What is it called? 

Anankos: We Astral Dragons call it the Ballad of Midnight. I am sure that you will find its power useful. 

Concordia: I am honored that you wish to pass it to me. 

Anankos: I am glad to have found such a suitable heir. Now, listen closely as I sing. You must learn this song if you wish to harness the power of the pendant in full. 

Concordia: Understood. 

Anankos: You are the ocean's gray waves... 

(The screen fades to black before coming back into focus after Anankos has finished teaching Concordia the song.)

Concordia: It truly is a beautiful melody... 

Anankos: I knew you would agree with me... I trust you to use it with the pendant to save this land if need be. Pass their shared strength to your children along with the power of my blood. 

Concordia: I swear on my life that I will follow your instructions, my lord. 

Anankos: That is all I wished to give you today. May we meet again, Concordia. 

Concordia: Of course. I must return to Valla for now, but... I trust that we will see each other once more in the future. 

Anankos: I am sure of it. 

(Concordia walks away from Anankos as the chapter ends.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time we get into other stuff oh boy 

-Digital