(AF) Chapter Fifteen: Fall of Dawn

Even with the turmoil that has disrupted Nestra, the other nations have continued to live in peace. All conflicts have been hidden behind a veil of prolonged serenity, and most of these issues rest between Mokushu and Kohga, countries with a long history of distaste for one another. However, something is about to happen between Hoshido and Nohr, two of the most powerful nations across Pheuyura, to change all of that in the blink of an eye. In Hoshido, King Hiroshi is loved by all of his people, and he is known for establishing peace for all under his rule, but his ambitions are about to be cut tragically short. 

(The chapter opens to show Hiroshi, the current king of Hoshido, in his chambers late one night. There are no others near him.)

Hiroshi: ... 

(The camera shifts to the outside of the room where an unnamed Nohrian assassin watches him with a knife in hand.)

Assassin: It all ends here... 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The player takes control of the assassin, and the objective is to kill Hiroshi. When the battle starts, the following dialogue plays out.)

Hiroshi: You! What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here... I don't even know who you are. 

Assassin: I will be your doom. 

Hiroshi: Help! Somebody please--

(The assassin slams the door shut before shoving a desk up against it to keep others from getting in.)

Assassin: Nobody can help you now. You will die by my blade here and now!

(After Hiroshi is defeated, the following dialogue plays out.)

Hiroshi: No... You can't truly mean to... 

(After the battle has drawn to a close, the assassin stands above Hiroshi, who has collapsed to the ground as a result of the wounds he received during the duel.)

Hiroshi: I don't understand... What could Nohr possibly hope to accomplish with my demise...?!

Assassin: The time has come for Nohr to take over your land once and for all. We have all understood the military strength of my country for generations, and many nobles have come to the same conclusion that we should assert our dominance across every nation... Starting with your pathetic Hoshido. 

Hiroshi: I have been nothing but kind to the royal family of Nohr... I did nothing to harm any of your people! 

Assassin: You were weak, and that is a sin that you will pay for with your life. You have shown how weak you truly are in your years of ruling, and I refuse to allow this to continue... Goodbye, King Hiroshi. 

(The assassin strikes Hiroshi one last time.)

Hiroshi: Eugh-!!

(Hiroshi dies.)

Assassin: Hmph... What a fool, keeping a window in his room... Still, if that's what he wishes to do, fine. I'll simply have to use it to my advantage. 

(The assassin escapes through the window. Outside of Hiroshi's room, a servant and butler knock on the door.)

Servant: Excuse me? Your Majesty?

Butler: Why isn't he answering? 

Servant: The door won't open... Something is wrong...! I can smell blood from beneath the door!

Butler: Break the door down!

(The butler and servant do what they can to break through the locked door and the desk on the other side. When they finally succeed, they make their way into the room and look down at Hiroshi's corpse in surprise.)

Servant: No... This cannot be...! 

Butler: The king has been murdered!!

Servant: The knife in his chest... This is of Nohrian origin. I'm sure of it. 

Butler: Those dastardly Nohrians! They've betrayed us all!!

Servant: We need to spread the word as quickly as possible! We have to find the one who did this as soon as possible! 

Butler: Of course!

(The servant and butler rush from the room to gather the attention of others within the palace. The chapter ends with a brief pan over to Hiroshi's dead body.)

Hiroshi: ... 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Would you look at that another update just like I promised

-Digital