(C) Chapter Twenty-Seven: Treason

(The scene opens with the Nohrian royals and Nyx returning to the main area of the palace)

Xander: Iago is out of the equation. Now, our main priority is Hans.

Corrin: This place is crawling with the king's soldiers... The road ahead isn't going to be easy for us.

Camilla: Nobody ever said it would be, but we have to keep going.

Corrin: I agree... Wait! There he is!

(Hans enters holding his axe in one hand. The blade of the axe has been stained in blood)

Xander: Hans, what are you doing?

Leo: You seem rather proud of yourself.

Hans: I just took care of the last wall in between us and Hoshido.

Corrin: What? But I thought Ryoma was...

Hans: As it turns out, no. The Hoshidan queen has been alive all this time.

Corrin: Ah!

Hans: She survived the attack on the capital, but she was badly wounded as a result... I figured she would have died of infection or something similar, and yet, she still lived. I couldn't have that.

Azura: So... You killed her?!

Hans: I'm glad to see we're on the same page. It's what the king wanted anyways. You understand, right?

Elise: But Hoshido was already ours! She was sick and dying already!

Hans: I'm not one to take political prisoners. In fact, I'm about to go take care of the last Hoshidan royal now. Sakura, I believe her name was. We have no reason to keep her alive now.

Corrin: No.

Hans: What do you mean, 'no'?

Corrin: I'm not going to let you hurt her.

Hans: This is tantamount to treason against the crown, you know! These are the king's orders!

Corrin: Well, they've just been overridden.

Hans: What?

Corrin: First, we're going to kill you. After that, the king will fall as well. Nohr is not a land of bloodshed and conquest inherently. You helped to make it that way. For the future generations of this continent, I will strike you down.

Hans: T-Traitor! You meant to betray us all this time!

Corrin: Glad to know you finally caught up.

Hans: Soldiers! Eliminate the royal children and their pesky troops!

Corrin: Everyone, to arms!

(The battle begins)

(Initiating combat against Hans)

Hans: You wish to change Nohr from the inside?! Ha! A laughable idea at best!

(Corrin initiates combat with Hans)

Corrin: You have done far too much to the innocent people of this land to remain alive.

Hans: Like what? Kill the Nestrans, Chevois, and Hoshidans? What does it matter to you?

Corrin: Innocent people do not deserve to die. It's that simple.

Hans: The strong people in this world live while the weak fall. It's that simple.

Corrin: We clearly have very different philosophies. The innocent people deserve to live. The inability to fight does not mean someone is worthless.

Hans: You don't understand strength at all then.

Corrin: I think you'll find I understand it a lot more than you think!

(Hans is defeated)

Hans: Defeated...?! Here?! No... King Garon... Help me...

(After the battle, the nobles look down at Hans' body)

Xander: Good riddance...

Corrin: It's hard to believe someone who killed so many could be struck down so simply... A few months ago, I never would have imagined we'd be strong enough to do it.

Camilla: That's one thing war does. It makes you stronger.

Corrin: I... I can't stop thinking about Mother though... While we were rescuing Hinoka, he...

Elise: You can't blame yourself for that. You couldn't have known.

Corrin: We should have split up. Some of us should have gone to take care of Iago while the others—

Xander: Corrin!

Corrin: ...

Xander: Elise is right. You couldn't have known that would happen.

Corrin: Still... I never got to say goodbye... I never got to apologize for letting her get hurt...

Leo: Corrin, I'm sure she already knows. She was your mother.

Corrin: You think so...?

Camilla: If it makes you feel better, maybe we could help contribute to her grave after the war. I'm sure the Hoshidan royalty would want to bury her as soon as possible.

Corrin: I hope Hinoka and Sakura can forgive us for what happened...

Azura: They're reasonable people. They'll understand we weren't to blame. We couldn't have known.

Elise: From what you've told us, they seem nice too.

Corrin: Thank you... All of you.

(Nyx enters)

Nyx: Lord Corrin, I believe it's time.

Corrin: You're right... It's time to end everything, here and now. For the glory of Nohr.

(The screen fades to black) 

--------------------------------------------------

I'm posting this in between typing 100 words for Galaxy of Hyperion since that's getting updated around the Sunday-Tuesday range

-Digital