(AF) Chapter Twenty: Lovers in Dusk

In the years since the rise of Garon of Nohr, both Hoshido and Valla have crowned new rulers: Sumeragi and Arcadia respectively. The tensions between Hoshido and Nohr have not grown any better, instead only growing worse despite the lack of open acknowledgement by the nations themselves. At a meeting of noble houses within Nohr, Garon crosses paths with another young woman who will change the course of his life permanently. 

(The scene opens on Garon leaving a meeting room within the Nohrian palace.)

Garon: If the nobles truly insist on bickering at such crucial times, then that's their decision. I'll wait until they've come to an agreement since this doesn't involve me. 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The objective is to take Garon to the destination, the throne room of the Nohrian palace. After such has been accomplished, the screen shows Garon and a blonde young woman, Katerina.)

Garon: Ah! Who might you be? 

Katerina: Forgive me, Your Majesty... My name is Katerina. My parents are here for the meeting of noble houses, and I came along with them. It seems that I've gotten a bit lost along the way. 

Garon: I understand. There's nothing to worry about. I'd be more than happy to show you what you need to see. 

Katerina: It's nice to see that you're so generous... I was a bit worried that nobody would be able to help me. Ah-! Forgive me for being so blunt with you. 

Garon: You don't need to worry in the slightest, Katerina. Please... Call me Garon. 

Katerina: I don't know if I can do that... It feels improper given that we just met a moment ago. 

Garon: I insist. 

Katerina: Alright... If that's what you truly want, then I'd be more than happy to oblige, Garon. 

Garon: Tell me... What is it you need help with? 

Katerina: I was hoping that you would be able to escort me back to the room where I have been staying with my parents. 

Garon: I believe I know who your parents are... Judging by your hair color, that is. There aren't many Nohrians with such vibrant blonde hair. 

Katerina: I could say the same about you, as a matter of fact. 

Garon: You make a solid point. Regardless, follow me. 

Katerina: If you don't mind my asking... What is it that brings you this far from the meeting room? It was my understanding that you would be talking for another few hours due to the Nohrian food crisis... 

Garon: There were a few nobles who got into a squabble, and I decided to leave them to resolve their issues since I needed a breath of fresh air. I certainly got it. 

Katerina: How sweet of you to say... I'm glad that I got lost this morning as well, if I'm being honest. 

Garon: Perhaps you'll simply have to get lost again while you're here. 

Katerina: Hm... It sure would be nice if I needed a reason to see you after we've separated. 

Garon: You're a kind person. I can already tell. The people who know you are lucky to have you in their lives. 

Katerina: I'm glad to now count you among those people... But I certainly wouldn't mind getting lost again if it meant that we could see more of one another. 

Garon: And I'll have to step away from a few meetings at the same time... What a truly wicked coincidence. 

Katerina: You're a charming one... I like it. 

Garon: Well... Here you are. This is the right room. 

Katerina: Thank you for leading me back here... It really does mean a lot. 

Garon: It was my pleasure... I'm looking forward to seeing you once again. Until then, enjoy your rest here. 

Katerina: I certainly will... Farewell for now. 

(Katerina walks into the room.)

Garon: She's incredible... 

(The chapter ends as Garon continues to watch Katerina's door for a while before walking away.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done with the chapter! Woohoo! 

-Digital