(HT) Chapter Four: Cerulean

(The scene opens with Severa, Owain, and Inigo walking alongside Thalone to the palace of Valla. They are nearing the castle now)

Thalone: We should be there by day's end now...

Severa: It still makes me feel odd that this place is so deserted...

Inigo: It reminds me of...

Owain: Perhaps now is not the time to dwell on such horrible occurrences of the past.. A new mission of blazing glory awaits us in the present and future!

Severa: Yeah... You're right...

Thalone: There is one part of the mission that I haven't gotten the chance to mention yet... Well, at the very least, I didn't get the opportunity to explain it fully. 

Inigo: Go on then.

Thalone: It's about my child... I told you earlier about the invasion of Valla in which our nation was destroyed. I was separated from my wife and my child. At the time, my child was only a month or two old, and I never got the chance to see them again... 

Owain: What title was given to the fruit of your love?

Thalone: Pardon?

Severa: The name of your kid.

Thalone: Ah... Cerulean. I believe my wife went running in the direction of Hoshido, though I cannot say for sure given the circumstances under which we were forced apart.

Inigo: So... We need to help to stop this war and find your child along the way. We can do that, right?

Owain: If we have faith in our abilities, we should find the power to see through such a mission.

Thalone: Thank you again for your assistance... It truly does mean a lot. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Severa: Is there anything else about the history of Valla we should be aware of?

Thalone: I suppose I should give you the names of our royalty... Especially given how close I am to them.

Inigo: What do you mean?

Thalone: The king's name was Rivalis. He was married to Queen Arcadia. Together, they had a daughter, Princess Oceania. King Rivalis was killed in the Vallite invasion protecting his people, though he didn't exactly hold much official power since Arcadia was the one in charge. Arcadia ran in the direction of Nohr with no easy way to flee to any other nations. She took Oceania with her, though the princess was only a year or two of age at the time.

Owain: But how does a man such as you find himself tied in with vital figures of royalty?

Thalone: Arcadia had a younger sister, Aquaria. Aquaria was never set up to rule Valla, but she remained in the palace regardless... And she was my wife.

Severa: That means you're royalty!

Thalone: Yes... Aquaria and I were out of the palace with Cerulean at the time of the invasion. I allowed them to escape, though they still do not know of what happened to me in the attack. 

Inigo: I see... We're looking for two runaway royals.

Thalone: Essentially, yes... Lilith will be joining you.

Owain: This Lilith... Did she happen to survive the attack as well?

Thalone: Not exactly... Anankos was one of the strongest dragons of this time. When he was killed, his power remained after his death. It manifested itself in many odd ways, emitting large amounts of magic. One such way allowed all the soldiers killed in the subsequent invasions to remain alive forever, but at a cost... They wander the land now, only ghosts of their former selves with no consciousness aside from revenge. They want to destroy Nohr for invading and Hoshido for instigating the war to begin with.

Inigo: It's a miracle we haven't run into them yet...

Thalone: They've always left me alone... I expected them to kill me when they found me all those years ago, but they never laid a hand on me. Since you are at my side, I suspect they are choosing to leave you alone as well. 

Severa: But how does that involve Lilith?

Thalone: She was not officially born... Anankos was an Astral Dragon. Some of his remaining power came together to forge another Astral Dragon... Lilith. She was kept alive all this time by his power despite it being otherwise impossible for a baby to live through such horrors. I found her years ago, and I raised her myself. However, we were separated by the Faceless that attacked you three in your birth world.

Owain: The power of this divine power remains in the air even now... How peculiar.

Thalone: I... I hear something... I believe Faceless are upon us once again.

Severa: Damn it! Can't those things leave us alone for two minutes?!

Thalone: I suppose not... I just hope Lilith is alright...

(The battle begins.)

(After the battle, the four stand together once again)

Thalone: We are close to the castle now... If there are this many Faceless outside the palace, then I fear Lilith may be in danger.

Inigo: Does she know how to fight?

Thalone: She can use healing staves, and I gave her a knife if she ever needed it, but she has never seen real combat...

Owain: We cannot spare a moment! To the palace!

Thalone: Hold on, Lilith... We'll be there soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Speedy update

-Digital