(AF) Chapter Ten: Nestra

Nohr has come to enjoy stability years following the birth of Cheve. The political unrest has been quelled, and peace has returned to the land. Nestra, a region near the border of Hoshido, Nohr, and Valla, is planning to split away from the main nations. The rulers of Nohr and Hoshido meet with the future duchess of Nestra to discuss the upcoming deal regarding the new country. 

(The chapter opens to show Kiru, the future ruler of Nestra, moving towards the famous opera house of Nestra.)

Kiru: They should be there soon... I do hope that I'm not too late to see them. 

(The gameplay segment begins. The objective is to take Kiru towards the opera house. As soon as this is accomplished, the following dialogue plays out. Kiru arrives before Fantine and Erika, the rulers of Nohr and Hoshido respectively.)

Kiru: My apologies for my tardiness. There was business involving other high-ranking figures in Nestra that required my attention first. 

Fantine: Don't trouble yourself. I believe that we've figured out a way to give you the land that you have requested without issue. 

Erika: Nestra has been a fine territory for many years, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to lead it well for many years to come. 

Kiru: I appreciate the compliment. 

Fantine: These are the borders that we have in mind for you. Are they alright with you? 

Kiru: They look fine with me. Thank you again for coming to meet with me about this. 

Erika: I'm glad that we were able to resolve the issue relatively quickly. 

Kiru: Does this mean that we should begin our political deliberations now? 

Fantine: I think that we should do that, yes... But for the time being, I'd like to give you something. 

Kiru: What is it? 

(Fantine shows the knife Spectre.)

Fantine: I wish to foster many years of strong bonds between Nohr and Nestra. I understand that you know how to fight with a dagger, and since Spectre has gone unused for many years, I find it suitable to pass to you. 

Kiru: I don't understand... I thought that the legendary weapons were bound to their specific royal bloodlines. 

Fantine: It's suggested that the weapons stay in the home of their royal families, but it isn't required as long as the weapon bonds to someone else. I believe that you would be a perfect person to wield such a blade, so I gift this to you now. 

Kiru: Thank you for this gift... I'll never forget your kindness here today. I agree that Nohr and Nestra should maintain powerful connections for generations to come. I wish to continue collaborating with you both. 

Erika: It's good to hear you say that. I'm afraid that I don't have a gift for you, so you'll simply have to trust my words of good faith. 

Kiru: Of course. I understand that Hoshido seeks peace above all else, and I would be more than happy to uphold a lengthy alliance with your nation. 

Fantine: It appears that we've all come to similar conclusions regarding the future of our nations then. It's nice to know that we agree on the matter. 

Erika: I feel the same way. Now that we've taken care of all that, we should move into the technical details that we need to go over before Nestra can properly be registered as a member of the Pheuyuran continent. 

Fantine: I have already received written approval of the royalty of Valla. We can use that to our advantage to convince other nations to side with adding Nestra to the continent. 

Kiru: Thank you once again for your assistance, both of you. Now... Let us not waste another minute. The world is waiting on us to make these important decisions. 

(The chapter ends as Kiru, Fantine, and Erika begin to speak once again.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This update is going up super late at night but it's fine

-Digital