(HT) Chapter Eight: Krakenburg

(The chapter begins with the party standing outside the palace of Nohr. There are soldiers stationed nearby. One particular soldier, the boss of the upcoming chapter, is named Rein.)

Thalone: Here we are... The Nohrian palace.

Selena: So, this is Castle Krakenburg. 

Lilith: And inside, we'll hopefully be able to find out all that we need relating to Cerulean... This is it. 

Thalone: From here on out, Lilith, you need to avoid showing your true form. 

Lilith: Understood.

Laslow: However, getting inside the palace is going to be the hard part here. We can't just waltz right into a palace.

Odin: That does offer quite the conundrum... 

Thalone: I'm going to ask the soldier over there how to get inside... Excuse me. Sir?

Rein: What?

Thalone: What would we need to do if we wanted to get inside the palace? What would we need to do?

Rein: You want to get inside the castle?! Ha! That's hilarious! You can't just walk inside!

Selena: We're mercenaries who would like to lend our fighting prowess to the king. However, we're far stronger than your average soldier. 

Rein: The king is holding a fighting tournament later today to find his children new retainers... But no late entries are allowed.

Laslow: Perhaps we'll be allowed to join if we can defeat you and your men.

Odin: Provide us this chance to show you our worth! 

Rein: If you're so insistent, fine. We were planning on entering ourselves, and if you can defeat us, you can take our spots.

Lilith: Well, aren't you being kind?

Rein: That's the thing! You can't take us down! No matter how strong you are, we'll come out on top!

Selena: Ugh, you're so annoying! Let's just get this over with!

(The battle begins. It's a rout mission requiring each enemy, all soldiers of Nohr, to be defeated.)

(If Selena initiates combat with Rein, this dialogue plays out.)

Selena: What was that about us being unable to defeat you?

Rein: They're all wimps in comparison to yours truly. Allow me to show you what I'm made of!

(If Laslow initiates combat with Rein, this dialogue plays out.)

Laslow: We appear to be doing rather well, good sir.

Rein: Don't get cocky. We'll defeat you yet.

Laslow: If you say so...

(If  Odin initiates combat with Rein, this dialogue plays out.)

Odin: The power of Odin Dark will vanquish you!

Rein: I don't know who let this child out of his playpen, but I'll be sending him back soon.

Odin: Heh... Underestimation. That is a fatal error to make, good sir.

Rein: Then prove it!

(If Lilith initiates combat with Rein, this dialogue plays out.)

Rein: Well, aren't you beautiful?

Lilith: Are you... Are you really trying to flirt with me now?

Rein: If you'll be failing to enter the competition, maybe you'll succeed instead as my wife.

Lilith: I... I can't believe you! I'll be taking you out for that comment alone!

(When Rein is defeated, this dialogue plays out.)

Rein: You're... Strong... Ugh...

(After the battle, the group stands around Rein.)

Selena: What was that about giving us your spots in the tournament?

Rein: You can't just take our places like that!

Odin: You stated this would occur. It was in the terms of our deal.

Laslow: Besides, I don't think you'll be able to move much in the fight anyways... 

Lilith: Perhaps it's best if you call it quits.

Rein: Urgh... You brats! Get back here!

Thalone: Let's hurry inside. We don't know when this tournament will start, and we need to get in there if we want to find Cerulean.

Selena: Cerulean, here we come... 

Laslow: I can't wait to see this through.

Odin: Our mission is not yet complete. Do not risk overconfidence now.

Lilith: Odin is right... We'll have to keep being careful. The tournament is our last hurdle, and until we cross it, we can't be sure what will happen.

Thalone: But I have faith we'll pull this off... It's almost over... Cerulean, I'm almost there...

----------------------------------------------------

Yes this update is short but the next one will be much longer promise

-Digital