(AF) Chapter Sixteen: Fall of Dusk

As soon as the truth behind Hiroshi's murder was revealed, Hoshido was sent into a downward spiral of turmoil. Hiroshi's sun, Haruto, was declared as the next king of Hoshido. However, there were many who longed for revenge against Nohr for daring to kill their king. The nobles of Hoshido made a decision to keep Nohr from ever crossing them again, and King Ruther of Nohr is their target...

(The map opens on Ruther walking through the grounds of the Nohrian palace. There are no other people to be seen in the nearby area.)

Ruther: Those Hoshidans truly are becoming tiresome... What absolute fools. They don't understand how weak they truly are. 

(An unnamed Hoshidan assassin is shown to be around the corner of a structure within the garden, watching Ruther carefully from afar.)

Assassin: You're a monster for killing our king... It's only natural that we return the favor. 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The objective is to defeat Ruther using the nameless assassin. When the chapter begins properly, the following dialogue plays out.)

Assassin: You ordered the death of our king... That is a sin deserving of death. You know what you did. 

Ruther: You're Hoshidan... Look at yourself, lashing out at me because you couldn't see how pathetic your king truly was. Nohr has the military might of every other nation combined, and yet, Hoshido chooses to be peaceful and distant. It's absolutely pathetic to see that a nation that was once so great has fallen from grace. 

Assassin: You cannot truly mean to justify the murder of King Hiroshi! 

Ruther: You should have looked at him critically before he died. I forced you to see what was happening. That's all. You needed a push, and I was more than happy to deliver it. 

Assassin: Dastard! You die today! 

(When Ruther is defeated, the following dialogue plays out.)

Ruther: You are so weak! How could you have managed to...?!

(After the battle ends, the assassin stands over Ruther, who is collapsed in the grass below.)

Assassin: Look at what you did to yourself. You believed that Hoshido was weak, and you were defeated by someone of the very nation that you detested so much... This is karmic retribution and justice. You killed our king, so it's only fair that we show you what we're made of in return. 

Ruther: You're showing how weak you are by resorting to petty tactics such as ambush! 

Assassin: It was not weak or petty when you used it to defeat our king in the Hoshidan capital. It's only different in your case because you can't take advantage of it. That's how you work; you call something sad and pathetic until you can manipulate it to your own wishes. 

Ruther: Those are bold words for someone who lives at the bottom of this continent's hierarchy. 

Assassin: You truly aren't going to change... You're just as sad and pathetic as you always were. Fine. If you refuse to go back on your actions, then I'll simply show you what this 'weak' person is truly capable of!

(The assassin strikes at Ruther one final time.)

Ruther: Ack-!!

(Ruther dies.)

Assassin: What a sad little man... Hmph. My work here is done. 

(The assassin runs away from the area as the screen fades to black. Some time later, a maid begins to walk through the gardens.)

Maid: Your Majesty? Where are you? Your meeting with the Nestran nobles was meant to start quite some time ago... Your Majesty?

(The maid finds Ruther dead on the ground and lets out a scream.)

Maid: No! Your Majesty!

(The maid falls to his side and notices the shuriken stuck in his side from his battle with the assassin.)

Maid: The Hoshidans did this... They're monsters! The Hoshidans have killed the king!

(The maid jumps to her feet and runs from the area as the screen fades to black.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh boy this isn't going to end well is it

-Digital