(C) Chapter Seven: Silent Forest

(The scene begins with the Nohrian siblings entering the Nohrian throne room. Garon is sitting on the throne with Iago at one side and a mysterious hooded man at the other. His name is Thalone)

Xander: I have returned, Father.

Garon: So you have. Word of your work precedes you. I'm pleased by what I have heard. Your efforts will not go unrewarded.

Xander: Thank you, Father... There's one more thing. I bring good tidings. Corrin has safely returned to us.

Garon: Corrin... has returned?

Corrin: ...Hello, Father.

Garon: What are you doing here?! Why did you come back?

Corrin: F-Father, I—

Elise: Father!

Garon: Do you take me for a fool, Corrin? My spies are everywhere. I know you've been in the Hoshidan palace all this time. No doubt their filthy queen filled your head with all manner of nonsense propaganda.

Iago: Smells like treachery! Corrin has surely sided with the enemy. Could it be they're planning to assassinate you, King Garon? It's only logical...

Corrin: What?! I wouldn't ever—

Xander: That is simply not possible.

Garon: How can you be so sure? I expect less sentimentality from a future king of Nohr.

Xander: If Corrin was really against us, why would they fight off the Hoshidan army?

Garon: What?

Xander: I saw Corrin elect to Nohr with my own eyes. If they were fighting the Hoshidans, they wouldn't truly be on their side.

Iago: This proves nothng. The whole thing could be an elaborate ruse!

Xander: Silence, Iago! I swear on my honor that it was no act. You weren't even there. How could you possibly know what transpired?

Garon: That is enough, Iago. Your words will be considered. Corrin! Where is the sword I gifted you with before you left?

Corrin: The sword... It broke while I was in Hoshido... It exploded before my eyes. If Mother... I mean, the Hoshidan queen... If she hadn't saved me, I would have died.

Garon: How touching...

Corrin: I must ask you something. Did you give me that sword, knowing this would happen? Was it planned? For myself, and for the innocent Hoshidans who were killed... Tell me the truth. Did you plan that explosion? Did you raise me as your child just to send me with that sword to Hoshido? Did you take me in to send me to die?

Garon: That sword is just a sword. I know nothing about this attack of which you speak.

Corrin: But, Father...

Garon: I gave you my answer! I won't say it again.

Corrin: ...

Iago: Still doubting the king, are you? Those Hoshidans really got under your skin. I think it's safe to say we have a dirty spy on our hands.

Garon: Sadly, I must agree. Now that the war between our kingdoms has escalated, I have no choice. I cannot allow this little problem to go any further than it already has... Thalone, what do you suggest?