(AF) Chapter Two: Gift of the Dusk

As the Dawn Dragon grants her chosen hero draconic power, her fellow Astral Dragons prepare themselves to undergo a similar ritual. Akiri is not the only one planning to hand off her strength to a chosen champion. In the depths of Nohr, far from the eyes of most people, Yugare waits patiently for the queen of Nohr, Delia, to arrive. 

(The chapter opens on Delia walking through a darkened forest inside Nohr.)

Delia: I believe that Yugare should be around here... I can feel her eyes on me, but I still don't know where she is specifically. Hm. How peculiar. 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins soon afterwards. The objective is to take Delia across the map to where Yugare awaits. After such has been accomplished, the following dialogue plays out.)

Delia: There you are, my lady! It's good to see that you're still here. 

Yugare: I would never dream of abandoning you, Delia. I come with important gifts that I can pass onto you and you alone. 

Delia: Your words confuse me. Is there something that makes me special and particularly worthy of your affections? 

Yugare: You are the leader of Nohr. I selected you myself for your ambition and empathy, and I believe that I made the right choice. I wish to give you my power since I have no doubt that you will use it to properly govern Nohr. 

Delia: Of course. If this is what you wish to do, I will be more than happy to go along. 

Yugare: I knew you would agree with me. Prepare yourself. 

Delia: I understand. 

(Light appears around Yugare, and it slowly travels towards Delia before merging with her body.)

Delia: I feel... Stronger. 

Yugare: As you should. This is the power of my draconic blood. When I worked to heal this land alongside my sister and our companion, many traces of our energy were left behind inside of the earth itself. With the power of my blood, you will be able to alter the land to your every wish. It is a power I am giving to you alone. I trust that you will use it well to look after the people you care for and rule over. 

Delia: Thank you for trusting me with so much, my lady. I will not misuse the strength that you have granted me. 

Yugare: I have no doubt that you will do all that is necessary to keep your people safe... That is not all I have to gift you though. 

(Yugare steps aside and gestures to a series of five weapons on the ground.)

Delia: I can feel their strength already... You truly mean to give these to me? 

Yugare: I do. These legendary weapons have been infused with the power of my scales, and I am positive that you will use them well. 

Delia: Thank you for such generous gifts, my lady. 

Yugare: The sword is known as Siegfried. That axe goes by the name of Sukeyu. The tomes are Brynhildr and Moonlight, and last but not least, the dagger is known as Spectre. They are all powerful weapons that can be used by members of your bloodline. 

Delia: Are any others allowed to take advantage of their strength? 

Yugare: It is possible, but I would prefer for them to stay in your bloodline alone. They are meant to be used in tandem with the draconic blood, but I suppose that it would be possible for them to find a home elsewhere. 

Delia: I understand. Thank you for your generosity, my lady. I promise not to let you down. I will use this strength for the good of all people in Nohr. 

Yugare: I am sure that you will... You should return to them. I will be looking forward to seeing what you accomplish with the power I have granted you. May we meet again soon, Delia. 

Delia: Of course. Farewell, my lady. 

(Delia walks away from Yugare as the screen fades to black.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm typing this story out daily so that I can make a bunch of progress on it quickly. I didn't expect for all of the chapters to come out back to back, but I suspect that chapters will get longer the further that we get into the path. I'm hoping to have it finished sometime in January, but we'll just have to see how it all plays out. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

-Digital