(AF) Chapter Twenty-Five: Tale of Dawn

The invasion of Valla continues. Garon's warmongering ways scatter the people of Valla without remorse, and the number of dead only continues to scale. King Rivalis is one of countless victims. In another area of Valla, far from where the queen has fled with the crown princess, another attack is taking place. Lady Aquaria is traveling with her child and husband in an attempt to escape the Nohrian invaders. 

(The chapter opens on Aquaria, Cerulean, and Thalone moving quickly through a forested region of Valla near the border with Hoshido. Aquaria is carrying Cerulean, who is still incredibly young.)

Aquaria: I didn't ever realize just how large the army of Nohr truly was. 

Thalone: We had no reason to believe that King Garon would turn his forces against us, so why would we consider it? 

Aquaria: They're going to catch up to us sooner or later... We can't keep running forever. We still aren't close enough to the border of Hoshido to make it there safely. 

Thalone: ...Run. If anything happens, I'll cover for your escape. 

Aquaria: Thalone, you can't mean--

Thalone: If anything happens to your sister, it will fall to you to rule over Valla. You and Cerulean need to stay safe. 

Aquaria: I don't want to just leave you this way! 

Thalone: I'm insisting on it. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. If King Garon is truly intending to wipe Valla off the map, then we need a small amount of hope. I believe that you are our last chance. We have no way of saying for sure if Queen Arcadia, King Rivalis, or Crown Princess Oceania are still alive, but I know that you're here, and I want you to run before anything can happen to change that fact. 

Aquaria: Thalone... Please promise me that we'll see each other again one day. 

Thalone: Of course. I trust that you'll look over Cerulean well until we're able to see each other. 

Aquaria: I wouldn't dream of abandoning Cerulean. You know that. 

Thalone: Hear that, Cerulean? You have the best mother known to the world, and she's going to keep you safe. 

(Thalone presses a kiss to Cerulean's head, and the young child whines as soon as he takes a step away.)

Aquaria: One day, you'll come back to us. You have to. 

Thalone: I will. I promise. Until then... Stay safe for me. 

Aquaria: I will. I love you. 

(Aquaria and Thalone kiss each other before going their separate ways. Aquaria continues to hold Cerulean close to her chest.)

Aquaria: Please, Anankos... Tell me that we made the right choice here. 

(A few Nohrian soldiers appear near Aquaria.)

Aquaria: Hush, Cerulean... We're going to be okay... 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The objective is to use Aquaria to escape to the other end of the map without disturbing any of the patrolling enemy troops. After this has been accomplished, the scene changes to show Aquaria continuing to run away from the scene.)

Aquaria: Safe again at last... Safe for now anyways. I'm sure that they're going to try and track me down. I just hope that Thalone is alright... I'll be holding him to the promise of reuniting with us. Cerulean will need a father when growing up, and... I don't know what I would do if anything happened to him while I ran away. 

(Aquaria rocks Cerulean as the baby begins to cry.)

Aquaria: It's okay... Everything is going to be fine soon. We're getting closer to Hoshido, and when we get there, we'll be safe. Your father will be back with us soon. I promise. 

(Cerulean's crying dies down.)

Aquaria: Thank the gods... Hoshido, please have mercy on our souls... 

(Aquaria continues to move as the chapter ends and the screen fades out to black.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

New chapter fun times!

-Digital