(B) Chapter Eight: Tragic Start

(Corrin, Sakura, and Azura stand around Mikoto, who is lying in a bedroom in Castle Shirasagi)

Corrin: Mother, how are you feeling? I'm glad to see that you're finally awake... I was worried about you...

Mikoto: No need to worry about me, Corrin... I'll be alright... I'm glad that you're here... You... You are okay, yes?

Corrin: Thanks to you, Mother...

Mikoto: I'm glad...

Azura: Ryoma, Hinoka, and Takumi are out at the moment. War broke out shortly after the attack on the castle town, so we're making preparations. They should be back in a few days. They'll be happy to know that you're feeling better.

Mikoto: Are they all safe as well?

Sakura: W-We're fine... It was just you from our family that was hurt... Do you think you'll get better one day?

Mikoto: I'm sure of it, Sakura. This won't keep me down for long. I'll be back to normal in no time.

Corrin: I'm happy to hear it. I was afraid you wouldn't be waking up after the attack...

Mikoto: No need to worry about me, Corrin.

(Corrin takes Mikoto's hand and sits down on the bed next to her)

Corrin: I'm afraid we won't be able to stay for long though... We have to go and help Hinoka make an alliance with the Wind Tribe. Rinkah and the Flame Tribe have already agreed to help us, but we need to ensure that the Wind Tribe is on our side.

Azura: I've heard of many Faceless raids taking place in that area... Regularly, I would have expected her to be on the way home by now, but I suppose that the attacks have been slowing her progress. The Wind Tribe is regularly a neutral territory lacking in much fighting experience. Since the village is rather small, they could easily be overwhelmed without help.

Sakura: Then we should head there and help them! I trust Hinoka to defend herself, but I still worry...

Corrin: I think it's time for us to go help her then... Be safe, Mother. We'll return home soon.

Mikoto: Thank you, Corrin...

Azura: I'll stay with her for a little bit longer. The healers said that she shouldn't be alone quite yet. I'll take care of her until she's a little better.

Corrin: Thank you, Azura. May the gods be with you.

(Scene changes. A few days later, Corrin, Sakura, Kaze, and Felicia/Jakob are walking on the way to the Wind Tribe. They are passing through a forested area in Hoshidan territory)

Corrin: How far are we from the Wind Tribe?

Kaze: I'd estimate a day or two. The Wind Tribe is in the far northern area of Hoshido, near the border of Hoshido and Aulane. It's quite a distance from the palace. Lady Hinoka had quite an advantage, being able to ride there on her pegasus.

Corrin: Aulane? I've never heard of that. Then again, I was rather sheltered growing up...

Kaze: Aulane is a small nation near the top of Pheuyura. Its land is fertile in warmer seasons, though it can grow hostile near winter. Settlements are few and far between. The most notable is the Flame Tribe where Rinkah is from. The chieftain of the Flame Tribe rules over all of Aulane. Rinkah has royal blood in that sense, but she lacks dragon blood since only royals of Hoshido and Nohr have those abilities. While the Ice and Wind Tribes don't rule over entire countries like the Flame Tribe does, they still hold political power, so it's vital to have alliances with them in wartime.