(AF) Chapter Thirteen: Kohga

In the months since the campaign against Mokushu has begun, the people of the farming region of Kohga have marched proudly towards the nation's capital. Daishi, the leader of Mokushu, is beginning to struggle under the raw power of Susumu and his troops. His ideals of strength are leaving him at a disadvantage as more and more common people side with his enemy. Still, he remains stubborn and determined that he is in the right, leaving the only option for Susumu to find success to defeat him on the battlefield. 

(The chapter opens with Susumu standing before his troops.)

Susumu: At long last, our final battle has arrived! This fight will decide the future of our people! If all goes well, we will leave this fortress as heroes. When we next see the sunlight, we will be a new nation that lives on their own away from the laws of Daishi and the rest of Mokushu. Let us begin this final battle and show what the people he claims to be weak are truly made of!

(The battle begins properly. The map is inside of a fortress hidden among the trees of Mokushu. Daishi stands at the top of the map upon a throne. The objective is to defeat him and seize the building. Susumu and his nameless allies act as the player's units.)

(If Susumu initiates combat with Daishi, the following dialogue plays out.)

Susumu: You have continually ignored your own countrymen because it was convenient for you. I don't understand how you can continue on with your ideas of power without looking out for those lesser than yourself. 

Daishi: If you want to be strong, you have to look after yourself first. Spending time with others will only make you weak. 

Susumu: And yet, I have amassed an army of people that you claimed were weak, and we're on the verge of taking the capital of Mokushu. Is that what you call weakness? 

Daishi: This conversation is over. If you truly wish to continue with your hubris, then that is your folly. Let us end this battle here and now. 

(If anyone else initiates combat with Daishi, the following dialogue plays out.)

Daishi: You've made a mistake to come this far, but if you insist on raising a blade against me, I won't hesitate to put you in your place! 

(When Daishi is defeated, the following dialogue plays out.)

Daishi: No...! How could I have been toppled by such pathetic weaklings...?!

(After the throne has been seized, Susumu takes his position in front of Daishi, sword in hand.)

Susumu: I hope that we've managed to change your outlook on our actions... You have two choices here. You can change your policies and show evidence that you're intending to fix your ways. If you don't wish to do that, then you can give the region of Kohga its independence. 

Daishi: You're all absolutely pathetic... I don't understand how you can live with yourselves knowing that you rely on others so heavily. Where is your sense of self-sustainment?

Susumu: Where is your sense of humanity? 

Daishi: Still your barbed tongue!

Susumu: The full might of Hoshido is behind me. Unless you wish to get the royal family even more heavily involved with this conflict than they already are, you will make your choice. 

Daishi: I still believe that you and your allies are pathetic... Take your small crop of land. It won't change a thing about the strength of Mokushu as a whole. You are merely a flea on this large continent. 

Susumu: And yet, we are stronger than you. The details will be arranged soon. For now, you will remain in captivity until everything can be taken care of. I'm glad that we understand each other. From this day forth, the Mokushujin region of Kohga is its own nation. Remember that you made this choice yourself when you begin to regret this war. Everything happened because of your own foolish pride. 

(Susumu leaves, and the chapter ends as resistance soldiers take Daishi away from the main area of the fortress.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I typed this while hanging out with a friend woo

-Digital