(C) Chapter Seventeen: Dissipation of Peace

(The scene opens on the group traveling through Izumo. The royals and Nyx are together)

Corrin: Xander, do you know why we've changed course so suddenly?

Xander: Father wished to avoid going to Hoshido quite yet. He wanted to make another stop.

Corrin: Where?

Xander: He set us on a course for Izumo, a neutral territory in between the remains of Kohga and Hoshido.

Leo: If I had to guess, he wants to take it over to keep Hoshido from gaining its alliance.

Corrin: All I'm hearing is it'll be a bloody conquest of yet another nation. Who doesn't like a repeat of Cheve and Nestra, am I right?

Camilla: Just because he wants us to defeat innocent people doesn't mean we will.

Azura: We trust your judgement and agree with you. If you want to save these people, that's what we'll do.

Corrin: We couldn't stop what happened to Cheve, Nestra, and Notre Sagesse. Well, I've had enough of being helpless. I'm going to save Izumo if it's the last thing I do.

Nyx: You're awfully intent on saving people you've never met.

Corrin: I've seen enough in this war. I won't let more innocent people get hurt. Regardless of how well I know them, I'm going to do my job for the sake of our collective future. Come on. We can't waste anymore time.

(The scene changes to the group standing outside the castle with Garon, Iago, Hans, and Thalone)

Garon: Send the soldiers in. Leave none alive.

Iago: Yes, Your Majesty.

Hans: Should we fight as well?

Thalone: I don't believe that will be necessary. Izumo is a peaceful nation. Significant force from the king's retainers won't be required... I believe the royal children and their battalion will do just fine with one other faction of fighters.

Garon: Very well. Xander, did you hear that? Kill the archduke of Izumo. Claim this land for Nohr.

Xander: I understand, Father... We'll be on our way.

Nyx: What are you planning to do now?

Leo: I don't see a way out of this, Corrin.

Corrin: I'm going to figure something out. Have a little faith in me.

(The scene changes to the inside of the castle. Nohrians have overrun the place already and are fighting the Izumite soldiers)

Camilla: This is chaos...

Elise: I don't like this...

Azura: Corrin, you know what to do. How should we act?

Corrin: Grab your weapons. It's time to fight.

Leo: Are you suggesting we go against the Izumites?

Corrin: What gave you that idea? No, we're doing something else.

Camilla: You can't be serious...

Corrin: I am. If they're going to aid in the killing of innocent soldiers of a neutral country, I will not stand by. Let nobody escape. For the sake of peace, we act against the orders of the king.

Elise: Is this really a good idea?

Azura: Corrin, this is risky...

Corrin: I understand that, but this genocide of innocent civilians ends here. I'll figure out what to tell the king after the fight. For now, we fight the Nohrian soldiers. Prepare for battle!