(C) Chapter Fifteen: Sleepless City

(The royals leave the backstage area and see Garon. He's standing above the dead body of Nestra's duke, Blaise)

Leo: Father! What happened here?!

Garon: The proposal for alliance was denied.

Elise: Is he...?

Garon: All who oppose Nohr must fall. There are no other options for them.

Camilla: What happens next?

Garon: I thought they would scatter after their leader was defeated, but that didn't happen. Defeat any Nestran who crosses your path. For standing against our great nation of Nohr, they don't deserve to live. There are no other options for them.

Corrin: Father, please—

Garon: Do you wish to stand against me as well, fool?!

Corrin: I... No...

Garon: Then get to fighting! Xander, you know what to do!

(The fight begins)

Xander: I'll be joining you today, Corrin. I hope you'll have me at your side.

Corrin: Of course... At least we're all together now...

Xander: Are you alright?

Corrin: Yes... Of course. We can talk later.

(At the end of turn three, Charlotte, Benny, and Gunter appear)

Charlotte: What could the king possibly wanted, dragging us border guards out here to Nestra?!

Benny: He has his reasons...

Charlotte: Can you fight, old man?

Gunter: Of course. I thank you for helping me return to full health, and to repay you, I'll fight by your side here today.

Benny: Thank you.

(Corrin talks to Charlotte)

Corrin: Um, excuse me...

Charlotte: Ugh, what do you wa—wait, you're one of the king's children, aren't you?

Corrin: Uh... Yes.

Charlotte: Oh! Well, in that case... My name is Charlotte. I'm a humble border guard for Nohr. I'd love it if you let me join your army!

Corrin: If you're so willing, alright...

Charlotte: Great! Let's get to it!

(Corrin talks to Benny. Note: Charlotte must be recruited first)

Corrin: Hello... Are you with Nohr?

Benny: Yes...

Corrin: Are you a friend of Charlotte's?

Benny: You could say that.

Corrin: In that case, do you want to join me? She was very insistent on helping me.

Benny: Sure... Thank you.

Corrin: No problem...

(Corrin talks to Gunter)

Corrin: Gunter?! What are you doing here?! I thought you were...

Gunter: That fool Hans can't keep me down. I was merely knocked unconscious by his strike... Charlotte and Benny, two border guards, found me from there. They took me in and nursed me back to health.