(HF) Chapter Nineteen: Last Nobles

(The scene begins with Kana, Kanaya, Lyci, and Shigure walking together. The group stops when they find themselves just outside the town area closest to the palace of Valla.)

Lyci: I guess we're here at long last... 

Kana: Thalone is around here somewhere... We'll be able to defeat him soon and get everything back to normal... Right?

Kanaya: I hope so... I don't know how much more of this I can take. 

Shigure: If he thinks he can win this, he's sorely mistaken. 

Lyci: I find it rather odd though... I don't see any of his soldiers stationed nearby. 

Shigure: I doubt that it's meant to be this easy... Something is going on. I just wish I knew what it could possibly be... 

Kana: Hm... I think I hear something behind us. 

Kanaya: Look!

(The party turns around to see that a faction of invisible soldiers has appeared from the direction where they entered the innermost area of the castle town. Two figures with blue hair, one a man and the other a woman, stand at the front of the enemy army.)

Shigure: It isn't that easy after all... 

Kana: Who are these people? They don't look familiar at all, but... 

Kanaya: I feel a strange connection to them... 

Lyci: I think I can answer that one... They look like the last king and queen of Valla... King Rivalis and Queen Arete. 

Shigure: The last rulers of Valla... Of course Thalone would bring them back to life. They were the last people to rule over his nation. They must mean a great deal to him. Arete carries his blood as well... 

Kanaya: We have to defeat them then, huh?

Kana: Wait... That's not all. Look the other direction!

(The trio follows Kana's direction, looking towards the palace of Valla. Duplicates of Rivalis and Arete stand in the path to the castle.)

Lyci: I guess he decided to use the versions from both timelines here as well... They have us completely surrounded. If we want to press on without being pursued, we'll have to defeat them now. 

Shigure: They used the unfamiliar layout of the town to their advantage.

Kana: That's how they were able to surround us so easily... 

Kanaya: They won't be able to keep us down forever though. We have to get through!

Shigure: If they insist on standing in our way, then we have no choice but to break through their ranks. Is everyone ready for the fight at hand?

Lyci: I know I am. I believe that we'll have to defeat each and every member of their army if we want to see success. After all, we can't risk them retreating and calling for reinforcements. 

Kana: So, all we have to do is defeat them all before they can get more troops... I hope that's not too hard.

Kanaya: We've come this far, so we can't afford to back down now! Let's get to it!

(The battle begins. Your units are stationed at the center of the map with the enemy forces surrounding the children. The map is covered with winding paths and cramped streets that make up the castle town. The objective is to rout the enemy while taking out both copies Arete and Rivalis. One pair resides at the top of the map while the other is at the bottom. Both versions of each character have the same boss conversations.)