(R) Chapter Twenty-Six: Bound by Darkness

(The chapter opens on Corrin and Azura walking in the palace of Valla. The area is poorly-lit and difficult to navigate.)

Azura: I know that we must be getting closer to him now, but... The palace is huge, and I'm not sure how we're meant to navigate it without a map. 

Corrin: We'll simply have to try the best we can. Until we find him, we're going to have to be careful. 

Azura: That's true... At least the soldiers will be easy to spot when we do come across them. 

Corrin: You're right on that. They're made of fire, so they're going to glow when we get closer. 

Azura: In a way, I suppose it's good that this area is as dark as it is. It certainly makes things easier for us... 

Corrin: Hold on... Did you hear that?

Azura: Hear what?

Corrin: It sounded like a door opening... 

???: You did hear it. 

(Corrin and Azura turn to see Arete standing nearby.)

Azura: N-No... 

Corrin: It seems we've got another fight on our hands... Azura, what's wrong? You're so pale all of a sudden... 

Arete: It's nice to see you again... Daughter. 

Corrin: Woah... I don't know what to say... 

Azura: You don't need to say anything... Our next action is clear as can be. If we want to free her from the control of Anankos, we're going to have to fight her. 

Corrin: Are you sure that you're going to be alright with that? 

Azura: I don't have much of an option in the matter, so... Yes. 

Arete: You could avoid a fight by joining me... Anankos loves company, you know... 

Corrin: That's not going to happen. Let's get right into this. We're not going to let this continue for any longer than it has to. 

Azura: Yes... You're right. Let's go. 

(The battle begins. The battlefield itself is a rather wide, open space. At the top of the map is a door that Arete is blocking. The objective is to rout the enemy and then seize the designated point that Arete is standing on top of. The enemies are of both Hoshidan and Nohrian classes, and the mixture of them is at random.)

(If Corrin initiates combat with Arete, the following dialogue plays out.)

Corrin: You're Azura's mother... That means that you're also the reincarnation of Yugare. That's what the Rainbow Sage said. 

Arete: That matters no longer... Only the future with Anankos matters now... 

Corrin: I know you don't mean that... There's no way that's it. Anankos has done nothing but manipulate others, and you must be his next victim. 

Arete: Do not judge when you know nothing... 

Corrin: Fine. I'll stop judging... Instead, I'll just do what I must in order to end this fight here and now!

(If Azura initiates combat with Arete, the following dialogue plays out.)

Azura: Mother... I never wanted it to come to this. 

Arete: You should have expected it... 

Azura: And I did. I feared this would happen, but I still held to the futile belief that perhaps things wouldn't end this way... Either way, I'm going to save you from what Anankos is doing.