(AF) Chapter Thirty-Six: Salvation's Failure

Nohr's government has only grown more tense as the years have passed by, and lengthy discourse within the royal court has spiraled into the king tightening his hold on all nearby territories. Nohrian armies have invaded Cheve, a territory that was once independently governed, and demanded that the land be returned to Nohr. However, when Chevois resistance began to brew, Nohr snapped back with the full force of their armies, leaving Cheve to crumble under the weight of its own tragedy as its lord and lady desperately attempt to save their suffering land. 

(The chapter opens to show Sara and Fletcher, the lady and lord of Cheve, moving quickly through Chevois territory alongside their daughter, Rory. Their daughter bears a notable resemblance to Scarlet due to truthfully being a younger incarnation of the future resistance fighter.)

Fletcher: Hurry! We have to go this way! 

Sara: Rory, stay close. We can't afford to lose you now. 

Rory: Alright, Mother... 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The objective is to escape with all three units through the marked coordinates on the other side of the map. After such an objective has been accomplished, Sara, Fletcher, and Rory come to a stop in a dark alley.)

Sara: At long last... It seems that we've lost them. 

Fletcher: We can't stop for too much longer. You never know if they're going to give chase for us once again. 

Rory: I-I'm scared... 

Sara: It's going to be alright. We're going to make sure that you stay safe. 

(Nohrian armies charge through the area just outside the alley.)

Fletcher: Rory, I need you to go inside that building and hide. It's been abandoned for years, and it'll be the perfect place for you to wait for us. 

Rory: What? But I can't just leave you! 

Fletcher: This isn't the time to argue. Please listen to me when I say that this is the best option right now. 

Rory: But--

Sara: Rory, we know what we want for you, and... We need you to press on. We're going to meet again one day, but we need to know that you're safe for now. It'll be easier for you to move on your own since not everybody knows what you look like. The people need the hope of the future leader of Cheve, and you're the one who can provide it to them. 

Rory: I... I understand...

(Fletcher and Sara give one final hug to Rory before sending her into the nearby building.)

Fletcher: May Yugare protect her... 

Sara: Rory... 

(Hans appears in the alleyway in front of Fletcher and Sara.)

Hans: Would you look at that? I managed to catch myself quite the handsome prey... Though I suppose it matters little what sort of gold you'll net me. I have strict orders on what to do with you two, and I think that we all know how this one will end. 

Sara: ... 

Hans: Where's your daughter? 

Fletcher: We don't know. 

Hans: ...It doesn't matter much. A child won't be able to do anything on her own. Now, come along without a fight. Maybe I can make your executions as painless as possible if you simply follow directions. 

(Hans directs Nohrian troops in escorting Fletcher and Sara from the area. The scene shifts to show Rory alone inside of the nearby building, and she curls up in fear, revealing that she had been watching the prior events play out in secret.)

Rory: Mother... Father... I-I'm sorry... 

(Rory begins to cry.)

Rory: I wish that there was more I could do, but... You said that I had to carry on for the sake of Cheve, and... I-I'm going to make sure that everything is okay... I have to... 

(Rory's sobs become far more open than before as the chapter draws to a close.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hanging out with a friend and my computer is dying so quick update

-Digital