{HF} Chapter Twenty-Two: Black Night Tainted

(The scene opens on Shigure, Kana, Kanaya, Siegbert, Owen, Forrest, Luna, and Timpani walking together through the palace of Valla.)

Kana: I know it hasn't been long since our last fight, but I still have a bad feeling about this... Do you think that Thalone is going to send more troops after us soon?

Siegbert: We know for sure that he has our parents under his thumb. It's only a matter of time until he decides that he's done fooling around with us. When that time comes, we have to be prepared. 

Kanaya: I'm not looking forward to it at all... I hope this doesn't go too poorly for us... 

Siegbert: I understand that you are all concerned, but we'll be fine. I know that we can power through this... However, I do get the feeling that something is coming as well. 

Owen: I agree. We should prepare ourselves for battle. Something has to be coming our direction. It isn't like Thalone to leave us alone for this long. He has to be planning something for when we arrive. 

Forrest: He has no shortage of foes to throw at us... The fact that he let us off after that last battle means that he must have something up his sleeve. 

Timpani: It seems you were right to be suspicious... If you would kindly turn your attention to the area ahead of us, you can see what Thalone was planning. 

(The group follows Timpani's advice, and a large number of soldiers can be seen ahead.)

Luna: Of course... And there are some familiar faces among them as well. Perhaps he thinks this will slow our steady advance. 

Shigure: We'll simply have to prove him wrong then. Fighting our family has not stopped us before, and it won't halt our advance now either. 

Kanaya: We can handle this... I'm sure of it! We'll be fine! We've come this far, and letting it get us down now would make all of our work amount to nothing.

Kana: If we fought against soldiers from the timeline where Hoshido won last time, I guess we'll have to battle those from Nohr this time around... 

Siegbert: We can't let that stop us. The future is counting on us to find victory regardless of who we face off against here today. 

Owen: I don't see any royals among them... We'll deal with them later, it seems. 

Forrest: We have more than enough on our hands right now anyways. If we run into them later, then that's alright. We'll deal with that when it comes. 

Timpani: I think that we've talked for long enough. I want to get this over with so that we can go and get rid of Thalone himself soon. 

Luna: I'm inclined to agree with Timpani. The fight begins now!

(The battle begins. Your units are positioned at the bottom of the map in a crowded hallway inside the castle of Valla. The goal is to defeat all the bosses, consisting of Nohrian units from the first generation. The full list of these bosses is Laslow, Selena, Peri, Niles, Beruka, Mozu, Gunter, Anna, Benny, Felicia, Jakob, Flora, Arthur, and Effie. The bosses are scattered around the map with a few other enemies in between them. Jakob and Flora both appear twice, and they are paired up with each other. They share boss conversations between the different copies as well.)

(If Soleil initiates combat with Laslow, this dialogue plays out.)

Soleil: Hey there, Father... It's been a while since we saw each other, huh?

Laslow: Kill... 

Soleil: I know that you're not the same person I once knew... But it's still hard.