(AF) Chapter Twenty-Seven: Arrival in Shadow

Valla has completely fallen to ruin, and the world at large believes that there are less than a hundred survivors in total. Those who managed to survive the onslaught have gone into hiding to avoid attracting the attention of the Nohrian army. Among those who lived, Arcadia and Oceania have made their way to Nohr. Even though they are walking into enemy territory, they press on, and Arcadia finds herself desperate to ensure that her young daughter is kept safe from the knowledge of what happened to their kingdom. 

(The chapter opens to show Arcadia walking with Oceania through the streets of Nohr.)

Arcadia: Stay close to me, honey... I don't want you to wander off on your own. 

Oceania: Okay, Mother... 

Arcadia: There sure is quite the crowd gathered over there... Come on. Let's stay as far away as we can. 

(The camera pans over to show that Garon is at the center of the crowd speaking with his Nohrian subjects.)

Man: Is it true? Has Valla truly fallen to invasion? 

Garon: Valla is gone, and it has no hope of returning. 

Woman: And so soon after Anankos died... I guess that nobody could survive without him. 

Garon: The truth behind Valla's invasion has remained unknown. We have no idea who could have caused such a fuss. 

Arcadia: No idea? It was all your fault, dastard...! I suppose that he's making sure that nobody knows about what he did... Though I suppose it wouldn't matter either way. No country has the military strength to stand up to Nohr. 

Oceania: Mother...?

Arcadia: Ignore me, sweetie. Let's keep going. 

Man: Have the king and queen perished in the attack?

Garon: No survivors were left behind. Nohrian troops are patrolling the area now to search for those who could have lived, but we have found no traces of survivors.

Arcadia: Monster... I'm so glad that there was never a meeting between our nations... I can't have him recognizing me now. Who knows what could happen?

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The objective is to move Arcadia to the other end of the map while weaving in and out of the crowd. After such has been accomplished, the following dialogue plays out.)

Garon: You! 

Arcadia: ... 

Garon: Turn around at once. 

(Arcadia slowly turns to face Garon. Oceania buries her face in her mother's shoulder.)

Garon: You... Katerina...?

Arcadia: Katerina...?

Garon: Come with me to the palace. Follow me. 

(Arcadia hesitates before following Garon away. The scene changes to show the inside of the palace, and Arcadia stands with Oceania and Garon.)

Garon: What are your names? 

Oceania: Um... 

(Arcadia hushes her daughter before she can speak.)

Arcadia: My name is Arete, and... This is my daughter, Azura. 

Garon: You look just like her... 

Arcadia: Excuse me? 

Garon: Katerina... Could you have returned to me...?

Arcadia: ...

Garon: You will stay here. I won't take no for an answer. I'll help you settle into your room. 

Arcadia: I-I understand... 

(The scene changes to show Garon helping Arcadia and Oceania into a room within the palace.)

Garon: You will be eating dinner with me in a few hours. Enjoy your time here until then. 

(Garon leaves and shuts the door behind him.)

Oceania: Mother...?

Arcadia: Sh... Darling, listen to me, okay? From now on, your name is Azura. Don't ever tell anyone otherwise. 

Oceania: O-Okay... Azura. 

Arcadia: And my name is Arete. 

Oceania: Azura and Arete... 

Arcadia: Exactly. I need you to keep from talking about where we came from too. Don't tell anyone no matter what happens. Regardless of who asks you, don't say a word about what happened to us before we came here, alright?

Oceania: Alright, Mother... 

Arcadia: Thank you, sweetheart. 

(Arcadia kisses Oceania's forehead before setting her down on the nearby bed. After Oceania has fallen asleep, Arcadia sighs.)

Arcadia: Garon, you are the lowest of the low... If not for Oceania, I would rip your throat out here and now... What a pathetic man... 

(The chapter ends as Arcadia moves to look out the window of the room.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay new chapter is done time for me to go work on ~ other stuff ~ 

-Digital