(AF) Chapter Thirty-Eight: Captured Ice

Hostility within Nohr has only begun to rise. The Ice Tribe, once an independent territory, has been left to fend for itself under the forceful influence of Nohr. The successful occupation of Cheve has Garon longing to expand his influence, and he decides to take the next step by controlling the Ice Tribe no matter what it takes. 

(The chapter opens to show Klima standing in front of Ice Tribe soldiers. One fighter stands away from the rest of the group.)

Tribesman: Nohrian troops are marching this way... Despite the winter weather, it seems that they're insistent on coming here to defeat us in battle. 

Klima: Garon, you dastard... If it's a fight they want, then that's exactly what they're going to get. All those who can fight must prepare themselves for the coming invasion. Children must hide away as soon as possible to ensure that they aren't hurt in what's to come. 

(Flora and Felicia emerge near Klima.)

Flora: Father... 

Klima: Both of you, go hide. Everything is going to be okay. 

Felicia: O-Okay!

(Flora and Felicia leave.)

Klima: It seems that our foes have arrived... Let's show them why they shouldn't have come into our territory in the first place! 

(The battle begins. The player takes control of Klima and other members of the Ice Tribe to rout the Nohrian invaders. After this objective has been accomplished, the following dialogue plays out as Klima and his allies stand victorious in front of the Nohrian soldiers.)

Klima: That's what you get for daring to cross the line into Ice Tribe territory... I don't know what the king is thinking by trying to expand his influence in this way, but this is a mistake that he shouldn't have made. He knew what was coming when he sent soldiers this way, and he should have known better. 

(A tribesman arrives in front of Klima. He is holding a piece of paper in one hand.)

Klima: You look distressed... What's happening? Are they launching another attack? 

Tribesman: No... I was going to tell the children and sick that were hiding that they could come out since the Nohrian army was gone. Your house... It was empty. 

Klima: What?! Flora and Felicia should have been inside! 

Tribesman: I found this paper where they were supposed to be... I didn't read it, but I think that you should. 

(Klima takes the note and reads it.)

Klima: No... 

Tribesman: What happened? 

Klima: They've taken Flora and Felicia as hostages...!

Tribesman: No!

Klima: They want to keep the Ice Tribe from rebelling in the future... They're trying to keep them as political prisoners to make sure that we don't step out of line. 

Tribesman: Then the main battle... 

Klima: That was a distraction... They did this with the intention of taking my daughters to use them as leverage against us... Monsters, all of them! 

Tribesman: What do we do now? 

Klima: There's nothing that we can do... Flora and Felicia are the blood of the Ice Tribe. They have to take over this land as soon as I pass away. It's what they've been trained for ever since they were young. If we want to keep the spirit of this land alive, we have to hold back and wait until we can guarantee their safety. 

Tribesman: I understand. I'll inform the troops now. 

(The tribesman leaves, and Klima is left alone with the note.)

Klima: Garon... You're a coward. You're an absolute monster for believing that you could get away with this... As soon as I have the chance to do so, I'm going to wipe you out, and when I do, you're going to feel the full rage that you've left the Ice Tribe with... Dastard...! 

(The chapter ends as Klima storms away from the scene in anger, note still in hand.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I typed this super late but it's still done

-Digital