(HT) Chapter One: Faceless

(When the light around Severa, Owain, and Inigo fades, they are no longer in Ylisse. The three fall to the ground in a pile of tangled limbs in a new setting)

Severa: Ugh, that hurts... Where are we? This doesn't look like Ylisse.

Owain: I must question if it truly is the land of our birth.

Inigo: As far as I can tell, it isn't... Look around.

(The trio looks over their surroundings. They are standing together in the middle of a field with houses on all sides. The buildings have crumbled to piles of debris, and no wildlife can be seen. The sky is gray with clouds. It seems as if nobody has been there for years)

Severa: Whatever this place is supposed to be, it's a mess. 

Owain: Pardon me for raising such unpleasant memories, but...

Inigo: It reminds you of our home.

Severa: Wait! Look at that! There are more of those gemstone thingys!

(Severa points to the ground, showing a string of blue gems is leading off into the distance)

Inigo: They're in a rather distinct path as well... Perhaps we should follow them.

Owain: It appears destiny is calling us to the origin point of these mysterious stones.

Severa: Then we're all in agreement? Good. Let's get going!

(The scene transitions to about half an hour later. The three are still walking along the path marked by the blue stones)

Owain: I must wonder when we will reach our appointed destination...

Inigo: We have been walking for quite a while now...

Severa: Wait... Do you hear that?

(The roar of a Faceless can be heard)

Inigo: Damn it all! There's more of them! 

Severa: Well, we'll just have to fight our way through! Good thing we still have our weapons!

Owain: Prepare to meet your makers, you wicked beasts!

(The battle begins. It is fashioned as a route map in Valla with various broken-down buildings scattered about the area for some extra obstacles and terrain bonuses. Once again, the enemy consists of only Faceless) 

(After the battle, the three stand together, breathing heavily)

Severa: Gods... I don't know if I can take much more of this! Who thought it was a good idea to make us fight so much back to back?!

Owain: Perhaps we have gone soft after years of peace in Ylisse...

Inigo: Soft or not, I believe we're getting closer to our targeted destination. The path of stones appears to end after we go in there.

(Inigo points ahead. The trail of the blue stones comes to a halt at the mouth of a nearby cave. The area surrounding the entrance is broken down, piles of debris resting on either side. The inside of the cave is dark)

Owain: Alas, we do not have any way to light the cavern for our poor eyes.

Severa: Is it just me, or are those stones glowing in the dark?

(Sure enough, the blue gems are emitting a small glow the closer they get to the darkness of the cave)

Inigo: It looks like we have our answer then.

Owain: Perhaps we should make an attempt to return home...

Severa: We can do that soon, but for now, I want to know what's going on. Come along.

(Severa heads into the cave first with Inigo and Owain trailing after her before the screen fades to black)

----------------------------------------------------

Second week in a row with five updates oh my

-Digital