(AF) Chapter One: Gift of the Dawn

A small handful of years have passed since the establishment of Pheuyura. Akiri, Yugare, and Anankos have dedicated their attention to restoring life to the fallen land. They were successfully able to return it to its former glory, and the continent was divided into three regions to show the domain of each of the Astral Dragons. To the east, the nation of Hoshido rests. To the west, Nohr thrives. To the north, Valla watches. The ruler of Hoshido, Aurore, is set to meet with her patron goddess, unaware of what is waiting for her. 

(The chapter opens with Aurore, the current ruler of Hoshido, walking through the trees of her country.)

Aurore: Akiri told me to meet her around here... I'm sure that she wouldn't suddenly abandon me... Hm. 

(The chapter's gameplay segment begins. The objective is to navigate Aurore to the other end of the forest where Akiri is waiting for her. After the objective has been completed, the following dialogue plays out.)

Akiri: Aurore... It is good to see that you have come. 

Aurore: Of course, my lady. I will do anything that you ask of me. 

Akiri: I am here to present you with special gifts in the name of Hoshido's establishment. Please, hold out your hand. 

Aurore: Alright. 

(Aurore follows Akiri's words, and a small amount of light travels from Akiri to Aurore.)

Aurore: I feel... Stronger. 

Akiri: I have granted you some of my power... When this land was given life once again, we Astral Dragons infused it with our strength. The Astral Plane, our homeland, possesses Dragon Veins that can be used to change the lay of the land to your whims. I have given you such power to modify the continent as you see fit. 

Aurore: I am honored that you would think so highly of me... Thank you, my lady. 

Akiri: I have more to give you as well. I have constructed five weapons using my scales, and I would like you to have them. 

Aurore: Are you sure that I deserve them? I am a mere mortal, and you are a goddess. 

Akiri: I know what I am doing, Aurore. These five weapons are incredibly powerful, and they can be used by all of your descendants who possess the blood of the Dawn Dragon. 

(Akiri steps aside to show five weapons sitting on the ground: a sword, a lance, two bows, and a staff.)

Akiri: I have named the sword Raijinto. The lance is Adriashe. The first of the bows is Senshi while its sister is called Fujin Yumi. Finally, the staff is known as Sanata. All five of them possess limitless power, and they can be used however you see fit. I place my full trust in your hands, Aurore. 

Aurore: Thank you, my lady... Still, I must ask once again if I am worthy of--

Akiri: I insist that you take them. They possess great power, and I would like the royal family of Hoshido to use them. I have no use for weapons due to my draconic form sufficing in battle. I know how gifted you are with variations of the blade, so I hope that you will humbly accept my gifts. 

Aurore: Of course... Thank you, my lady. I will use them in the name of the good of Hoshido. 

Akiri: I am sure that you will... When your bloodline continues, the power of my blood will be passed to your predecessor. The ability to use the five sacred weapons will also be passed down. I am sure that you will teach your children to use both powers well. I trust you with everything I am, Aurore. 

Aurore: I promise not to disappoint you, my lady. 

Akiri: You could never. Now... You should return to your people. I am sure that they are searching for you. May we meet again soon. 

Aurore: I am sure that we will. Farewell. 

(The chapter ends as Aurore departs.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter one done! Woohoo! These chapters are pretty short, so I can safely get them out at a pretty rapid pace. That's a good thing for sure considering the fact that there are going to be forty-two of them eventually. Oof. Anyways, I'll see you again soon when chapter two is released!

-Digital