(HF) Chapter Thirteen: Shigure

(The chapter opens as a direct continuation from the previous map. The royals are walking alongside Lyci towards Shigure's assumed location.)

Lyci: We're almost there. 

Shiro: I have a bad feeling about all of this. 

Siegbert: I hope that he will be able to provide us with a full explanation.

Tempest: I have more than a few questions. 

Owen: Maybe he'll able to provide answers. 

(Shigure appears before the group.)

Shigure: Greetings, everyone. Lyci, I'm glad to see that you found them.

Lyci: I'm happy to help. 

Kiragi: Alright, pal! It's time that you told us the truth about what's going on here!

Forrest: Perhaps that would not be such a good idea... 

Timpani: Why not?

Sumiko: There are more soldiers coming our way... Do they ever end?

Luna: It seems not... How aggravating. 

Galatea: Well, they're going to see how badly they've screwed up by coming directly to us. 

Kana: The sooner we take care of this, the sooner we can hear the truth.

Kanaya: I'm more ready than I ever have been!

(The battle begins. Shigure starts out as a new player unit and can be used from the start. He is a flying unit that can use lances and dance allies. The class is called Sky Bard, and it is exclusive to him.)

(After the battle, Shigure stands before the children alongside Lyci.)

Shigure: I'm relieved we were able to take care of that... 

Shiro: We've been kept in suspense long enough. Can we hear an explanation now?

Shigure: Lyci, how much do they know?

Lyci: I told them there are two timelines, one where Hoshido won the war and one where Nohr did. 

Tempest: We touched some odd stones in the mind and were transported into the other timeline. 

Siegbert: Now, we're in the timeline where Nohr won the war. 

Shigure: You are correct.

Owen: What are we dealing with now? Where do those invisible soldiers come from?

Shigure: These soldiers come from a man named Thalone. 

Kiragi: What makes him so special?

Shigure: He's the reincarnation of the patron god of Valla, Anankos. Anankos was the older brother of Yugare and Akiri, twins who established Nohr and Hoshido respectively. 

Forrest: I've heard of Anankos. He was killed in the war between Hoshido and Nohr years ago. A small group of Nohrian fighters snuck into Valla after an alliance was refused by the royal family, and Anankos was killed. 

Shigure: That is all correct. He was reincarnated when the war grew more intense, just as Akiri and Yugare were. Anankos' reincarnation goes by the name of Thalone. 

Sumiko: He's the one responsible for summoning all these soldiers... 

Timpani: But how does it work?