(C) Endgame: Night Breaks Through

(The scene opens where the previous chapter left off with the royals standing in the throne room opposite Takumi, who is on burning with purple flames)

Corrin: Takumi! You're alive! But... What happened?!

Takumi: Betrayal... Traitor... It burns! I must... I will kill you all!

(Takumi fires three shots at Corrin. Corrin dodges the first one, blocks the second, but is hit and sent to the ground by the third)

Xander: Corrin!

Corrin: I'm fine...

Leo: That purple fire... It's the same flame we saw when Father died!

Elise: Does this mean they're both being possessed by the same thing?!

Camilla: That is very possible.

Corrin: This can't be happening...

Azura: It seems we have no choice...

Takumi: This is all your fault... Hoshido is dead... All your fault! You destroyed my kingdom... My family... My people... If you die... The pain will stop...! Make it go away!!

Corrin: Takumi... Brother...

(Another outline appears from the purple fire. Mikoto appears from the flames, blood trailing from her lips)

Mikoto: Nohr must die...

Azura: Mother?!

Corrin: No... This can't be real...

Camilla: The purple fire must be keeping them alive...

Xander: But instead of truly living, they just want revenge on Nohr...

Leo: We're going to have to get rid of whatever demon is inhabiting their bodies. We have no other choices.

Elise: Corrin, Azura... Are you going to be okay?

Azura: ...They both died already. They're just like King Garon. If there's no hope of return for them... Then we'll have to bring their souls salvation on our own.

Corrin: I'm with Azura... For the sake of the people they once were, we need to lay their bodies to rest! This will be our final battle!

Mikoto: Why will you not come home to me, Corrin...? Nohr will pay for taking you away...

Takumi: I am the true prince of Hoshido... I will defend Hoshido and destroy Nohr... I will kill you all!!

(The battle begins)

Azura: I always heard this song had the power to rid people of corruption... Perhaps that will work here as well...

(Azura begins to sing as the screen pans over to Takumi and Mikoto)

Takumi: What is that song...?! It hurts... It hurts! Make it stop! Make it stooooooop!!

Mikoto: I know that tune... Sister... Arcadia... Is that you...? It's me... Aquaria... I'm here...

(Initiating combat against Takumi)

Takumi: I will kill... My enemies... Kill them all!

(Corrin initiates combat against Takumi)

Corrin: Takumi... I hope you can forgive me for this.