(B) Chapter Fifteen: What Remains

(The scene is the party's boat from Nestra. Corrin is sitting alone, staring off at the horizon in silence when Azura approaches)

Azura: How are you doing?

Corrin: I'm fine. I guess I'm just a little tired with all that's happened.

Azura: I can tell something is on your mind. Do you want to talk about it?

Corrin: Azura, I'm really okay. Don't stress it.

Azura: You don't need to hold out on me here... If you want this to stay private, I won't tell a soul. I can tell something is tearing you up though.

Corrin: Have you always been able to read people so well?

Azura: I guess you can call it a talent of mine.

Corrin: It's super effective, I can tell you that much...

Azura: So, what's on your mind?

Corrin: I can't stop thinking about all that happened in Nestra. My siblings from Nohr are on my mind too. I knew the second that I sided with Hoshido that I would have to fight against them eventually, but when it finally happened... My stomach got all twisted into knots, and I knew I wouldn't be able to hurt them.

Azura: That's understandable. You lived with them for many years.

Corrin: I know that Hoshido was the right way to go in the war. The people have suffered so much at the hands of King Garon. We saw it ourselves with what happened to Mother... But at the same time, I wish that Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise would listen to us.

Azura: I guess it's going to be hard for them to get over the betrayal of you leaving...

Corrin: I wasn't trying to betray them. I was trying to find the path that would lead to peace... Even if we did try to side together, the Hoshidans would take an issue with it as well. They hate each other. Hoshido's people have been dying for years because of the Faceless and King Garon. Nohr's people have been conditioned to hate them by their ruler. Getting them to work together will be a difficult feat at best.

Azura: I have faith that you can do it if anyone can. You know the Nohrians better than anyone else in our company. That means that the Hoshidans will be more likely to listen to you when you talk about them since you have more experience. Even Takumi put up less of a fight than he usually does after you talked to Elise.

Corrin: I suppose you have a point...

Azura: Elise has clearly placed her trust in you as well. She believes in you. Maybe she can persuade her siblings to follow after her when she tries to side with you. With the way she was speaking, it sounded as if that was inevitable.

Corrin: I hope you're right... I love them all so much. Even if they aren't my birth family, the Nohrians did so much for me while I was there. As for the Hoshidans here, I know how devoted they are to their family. They accepted me after so many years of being apart, and... It means the world to me. I don't want to see them hurt, or worse, killed, because of this war. All of them deserve better than a cruel fate like that.

Azura: I can't help but agree... King Garon is to blame here, not the four other siblings...

Corrin: Okay, now it seems like there's something on your mind. What's up?

Azura: I... It's been a while since I've seen Xander and Camilla.

Corrin: That's right... You said that you were once a princess of Nohr. Did you know them?