(HF) Chapter Fifteen: Road to Royalty

(The chapter opens with Kana, Kanaya, and Shigure walking together away from the rest of the group)

Kana: Everyone seems so bummed out... 

Shigure: It's not surprising. They did just learn that their parents are... You learned the same. I'm surprised you aren't as down as they are. 

Kanaya: Lyci told us that there's a chance it doesn't have to end this way. 

Kana: I'm holding onto that hope no matter what. 

Shigure: So optimistic... I must say, I admire that greatly. I don't know if I would be able to uphold such under these circumstances. 

Kanaya: A lot of people are counting on us. We can't let them down. 

Kana: If we can't bring our parents back, then... We have to defeat the foe that took them down. It's the least we can do after all they did for us. 

Kanaya: Yeah! Plus, there are a lot of people out there who need to be saved from the invisible soldiers too. Imagine what would happen if they got out and spread even more chaos. 

Kana: All of the people we're fighting are hurting deep down... They don't want to be fighting us. We need to free them too. 

Kanaya: We have too much to do now to be sad... 

Shigure: I feel like if you stopped moving, you wouldn't be able to start again... 

Kana: What was that, Shigure?

Shigure: Oh, nothing... I'm just thinking. We're getting closer to Thalone's base. He's stationed in the palace of Valla as far as I can tell. That's the direction all of the invisible soldiers have been coming from. 

Kanaya: We'll just have to take him out then! He's hurt enough people, and I don't want to let him go on like this! 

Kana: Yeah! He's done far too much already, and I don't like it at all. 

Shigure: You're taking on a lot of weight for children so young... I must say, I'm proud of you. Despite the world doing everything it can to keep you down, you're still going. It's incredible to see. 

Kanaya: That's so nice of you to say, Shigure... 

Kana: We think that you're great too!

Shigure: You're both far too kind... 

(Lyci runs into the scene looking panicked)

Lyci: Kanaya! Kana! Shigure! 

Shigure: Lyci, what's wrong? Did something happen?

Lyci: There are more invisible soldiers heading this way! I've already gotten the rest of the group ready. They're prepared to attack as soon as you are. 

Shigure: I was hoping we would see peace for a short while, but it seems that simply wasn't meant to be... Kanaya, Kana, are you ready? 

Kanaya: I'll do everything I can to get rid of these guys! It's time to lay their souls to rest! 

Kana: It'll help us to stop Thalone too. The sooner we get rid of him, the sooner everything can go back to normal! 

Lyci: That's the spirit! Now, let's get back to the rest of the team. They're waiting for us. 

Shigure: Lyci is right. We have quite the grueling fight ahead of us, but I believe we can handle it. 

Kana: Let's do it then!

Kanaya: No time to waste!

(The battle begins. The setting is a simple road in Valla. There are a few destroyed buildings scattered around the map. The enemy consists entirely of invisible soldiers. The objective is to defeat the boss standing still at the top of the map)

(After the battle, Shigure, Lyci, Kana, and Kanaya all stand together once again)

Shigure: Well... We took care of them. It looks like we're ready to keep moving. 

Lyci: I hope the road is clear for us for a while now... I'm tired of all this constant fighting, and I haven't even been in this group for all that long!

Kanaya: You get used to it after a while. 

Shigure: Hopefully, we won't have to be used to it forever. Once we stop Thalone, things should go back to normal.

Kana: I pray you're right on that, Shigure... 

Shigure: Regardless, we should find a place to stop for the night. We've been moving nonstop all day, and I think we deserve to rest now. 

Lyci: I agree. I'm exhausted. 

Shigure: Does that sound alright to you two?

Kana: It's perfect to me. 

Kanaya: Same here. 

Shigure: Alright... I'll take care of things from here on out. Stay safe, alright?

(Shigure exits)

Kana: I don't know what we would do without him... 

Kanaya: He sure is great... 

Kana: Do... Do you think we're going to be okay...?

Kanaya: We will be! We have to be... 

Kana: Yeah... 

Kanaya: There's no other option... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on spring break now that's pretty neat

-Digital