(AF) Chapter Thirty-Five: Death of the Sun

Tensions between Hoshido and Nohr have continued to rise as the years pass by. The concubine wars have at long last drawn to an end, leaving only four children alive and all of Garon's consorts dead. Mikoto and Sumeragi have been married for a few years, creating a new family with the loss of Ikona. Garon extends an invitation to Sumeragi to ease the pain caused by Nohr, and a peace talk is negotiated. Sumeragi invites two of his children to come with him, unaware of the danger that awaits them. 

(The chapter opens to show Sumeragi, Corrin, and Hinoka walking together.)

Sumeragi: This should be the place where King Garon said that he wanted to meet with me. 

Corrin: I-I have a bad feeling about this... What if something happens?

Sumeragi: I'll take care of you, Corrin. Nothing bad is going to happen. After this is over, we can start to look at everything that Nestra has to offer. How does that sound?

Corrin: O-Okay... 

Hinoka: Think about it this way, Corrin. After Father is finished talking with the king of Nohr, we'll be able to do anything that we want around here. We can go and see a show at the opera if we want, and there are many shops around here that have interesting things to sell. 

Corrin: That sounds like fun...!

Hinoka: All we need to do is wait until he's done talking, and then we can have all the fun we want. 

Corrin: Okay! 

Sumeragi: Hinoka's right. Just stay close to me, and I'll make sure that everything is alright. I wouldn't have agreed to this if I didn't think that it was safe. King Garon wants to negotiate peace, so we're going to be fine. 

Corrin: I trust you. 

Hinoka: Ah! There's a store selling bows over there...! Father, can I go inside? Takumi might want something from Nestra. 

Sumeragi: If you're careful, yes. 

(Hinoka dashes off to the store as Garon appears.)

Garon: King Sumeragi... It's nice to see you. 

Sumeragi: Let's begin this peace discussion at once. 

Garon: Yes... Of course. 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The player takes control of Iago, who appears behind Sumeragi. In a scripted battle, Iago kills Sumeragi in a single shot as soon as the player commands him to attack.)

Sumeragi: Urk-!!

(Iago pulls the knife away, and Corrin lets out a scream before falling to their knees. Sumeragi screams in pain.)

Garon: I'm disappointed in you, Sumeragi. That wasn't even my best trap.

(Garon raises his axe and strikes Sumeragi once again, killing him instantly. He approaches the crying and terrified Corrin next.)

Garon: You poor thing. Fatherless at such a tender young age. You are my child now.

(Corrin passes out from shock, and Iago kicks Sumeragi's body aside.)

Iago: What an irritating man... The world loses nothing with his death. 

Garon: Come, Iago. We must return to Nohr. 

(The camera pans over to the store where Hinoka is standing. She watches Iago and Garon walk away, and she grabs a bow in her fury.)

Hinoka: No... I'm not going to let you get away with this...! Father...!!

(Hinoka nocks an arrow as she opens the window. She sends it flying to Iago, and the arrow pierces his arm. As soon as the attack hits, she ducks down to hide.)

Iago: Agh-! What in the world was-?!

Garon: Iago, this isn't a time to be getting distracted. 

Iago: ...Yes, Your Majesty... 

(Iago gives the area one final glance, catching sight of Hinoka's red hair as he leaves. He scoffs before departing with Garon. Hinoka walks out of the shop, having abandoned the bow, and approaches Sumeragi's body.)

Hinoka: Father... I-I... I'm so sorry... 

(Hinoka picks up Raijinto from its place at Sumeragi's side. She holds it closely and begins to cry.)

Hinoka: N-No... I-I can't stay here... Just in case they c-come back... 

(Hinoka gets to her feet and runs away, leaving Sumeragi's body behind. The chapter ends as she vanishes around the nearest corner.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a joke tweet for Dimitri's birthday today that got more than a thousand likes woah

-Digital