(HT) Chapter Three: Legend of Anankos

(The scene transitions to a field in Valla. The three heroes from another world are walking with Thalone to the castle of Valla)

Inigo: Why are we going to the palace of Valla?

Thalone: I'm setting up a meeting for us there. We'll be seeing a friend of mine there, and she's going to be helping you with your mission.

Severa: What even is the full mission?

Thalone: I'll get to that soon enough, but for now, I would like to tell you the basic information about this world. Since you're new here, it's important for you to know. It's vital that you seem like you belong here, as your mission will be squandered if you do not.

Owain: Understood. Are there gods and legends here as there are in our homeland?

Thalone: Yes... Three dragons founded this land. Akiri, Yugare, and Anankos were their names. Akiri and Yugare were twin sisters while Anankos was their protector as they faced the world. They were from a higher land called the Astral Plane. 

Severa: The Astral Plane?

Thalone: It was the homeland of dragons. It was slowly deteriorating, forcing most of the dragons out of their home. The deterioration caused a disease to spread, which killed a majority of the dragons, but those three escaped. 

Inigo: So... They were the only ones left.

Thalone: Exactly. They came to this continent, Pheuyura, after flying for many days and many nights. The people needed help, as the land was dying quickly. They pleaded with the dragons, and the dragons saved them, thinking of their own dying homes.

Owain: Following this, they were revered as gods, yes?

Thalone: Exactly. Anankos was the most powerful of the three, and he was able to survive for the longest time. Akiri and Yugare died many years ago after founding two nations, Hoshido and Nohr respectively. To this day, they are the most powerful countries of this continent.

Severa: Then what about Valla?

Thalone: Valla was founded by Anankos. He was stronger than the other two and survived for much longer. In fact, he was alive up until recently... Up until the war between Hoshido and Nohr began.

Inigo: Valla was clearly destroyed...

Thalone: Anankos was killed by an invading Nohrian army. The Hoshidan royalty provoked Nohr into starting the war. Nohr sought allies, and when Valla's royalty declined to get involved, Valla was invaded by the superior military and was destroyed. Anankos died in an earlier attempt to gain Valla's alliance. A small faction of Nohrian soldiers invaded it when the request was declined and killed him. The Vallite royalty remained passive to keep their people from being slaughtered, but it was all in vain.

Owain: That's... Wow...

Thalone: The story has a tendency to leave people speechless... The first invasion took Anankos' life, and the second one killed a majority of Valla's people. Those who were left scattered and ran away... One such person was my wife and our child. They went missing in the invasion.

Inigo: I'm so sorry for your loss...

Thalone: I called you here for a few reasons. I would like you to help me find my wife and child as well as aid in ending this war. 

Owain: We'll help you. Promise.

Thalone: Thank you, brave heroes...

Severa: I have one other question though. Who are those freaky monsters we keep running into?

Thalone: Those are the Faceless. They were conjured by mages of Nohr. They were likely sent to make sure Valla was abandoned still, and if anyone was hiding out inside, they would be killed by the Faceless.

Inigo: I truly don't see a point to such, but... I suppose some minds are just twisted that way.

Thalone: We're almost there... Wait. I sense something. 

Owain: Could it be more of those beasts? The Faceless?

Thalone: I believe so... Prepare to fight.

(The battle begins. The objective is to rout the enemy, which consists of Faceless.)

(After the battle ends, the four stand together once more.)

Thalone: I'm afraid Lilith may be in danger... If there are Faceless here, then she could be at risk. We need to make our way to the palace as soon as possible.

Inigo: There isn't a moment to lose.

(The four are seen continuing their trek towards the palace as the chapter ends.)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden Truths is a lot of exposition and I know it but it ties up a lot of loose ends and explains stuff that really did need a full explanation

I decided to break it up the way I did since I figured it would be easier to read instead of getting two chapters full of dumpy exposition so it's longer but has more information that's easier to process instead

I think that works a lot better but maybe I'm biased who knows-

-Digital