(R) Chapter Eighteen: Below

(The chapter opens on Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Xander, and Scarlet. All five of them are walking together near the border between Nohr and Valla.)

Ryoma: Corrin, I must ask... What exactly are we doing here? You said that you would explain eventually, but we've been in a hurry ever since leaving Nestra... 

Corrin: There have been many reinforcements coming in from the land of Valla... When we went to visit the Rainbow Sage, Azura and I learned that the invisible soldiers are coming from here. They... They're the ones who led the attack on the capital that led to the death of our mother. I figured that it would be easier for us to fight back elsewhere after we took care of them first. 

Ryoma: You mean the people surrounded by purple fire... I suppose it would make sense to eliminate them as soon as possible. 

Xander: You believe that they're in Valla? I never would have expected anyone to be here... The land is a shadow of its former self. There aren't any people here... 

Scarlet: It's not like they've led us astray yet. Maybe you should go on and trust what they have to say. 

Azura: I can confirm that what Corrin says is true. The sooner that we can take care of things here in Valla, the sooner we'll be able to bring peace to the rest of the continent. 

Corrin: Exactly... Plus, I... I need answers regarding what happened to Mother. There must have been a reason that she died, and... I'm going to find it while we're here. 

Ryoma: We're here with you. Promise. 

Azura: We should head on into Valla now... We can slide down the side of the canyon here and wind up on the land below. From there, we can try to figure out which direction the fighters are coming from. 

???: Not so fast. 

Corrin: Who is...? 

(Hans appears behind the group. An axe is in his hand.)

Corrin: H-Hans! 

Xander: What are you doing here? 

Hans: You're all fools... You know that? If you had been paying more attention, you would realize that you were being followed since you left Nestra. 

Azura: We have to take care of him as soon as possible. There are other matters that require our attention. 

Hans: I'm not going to let you take me out so easily... Step aside at once or face the consequences that come with facing me and turning against the kingdom of Nohr! 

Ryoma: We will do no such thing, you fiend. 

Hans: Then you'll pay the price for it! 

(Hans throws his axe at Ryoma.)

Scarlet: Ryoma! 

(Scarlet jumps in the way of the hit and collapses.)

Ryoma: Scarlet! You fiend! 

Hans: You were all fools for believing that you'd get away from Nohr so easily. This is on your heads. 

Corrin: I've had enough of hearing you talk! It's time for us to fight! 

(The battle begins. The objective is to defeat the boss, Hans. Your units are stationed up at the top of the map while Hans is near the bottom. The enemy faction is a mix of Nohrian soldiers and invisible fighters from Valla. Note: Sakura, Elise, and Scarlet cannot be deployed for this map.)