(HF) Chapter Eighteen: Fallen King

(The chapter opens with Siegbert, Shigure, Kana, and Kanaya walking together at the front of the group.)

Kana: I'm getting tired of all this walking... We've been at it for so long... 

Siegbert: It won't be long before we reach the capital where Thalone is located. After we finally kill him, we won't need to worry about pushing ourselves this far ever again. 

Kanaya: I wish he was dead already... 

Shigure: You aren't the only one. 

(Lyci runs up to the party.)

Lyci: Shigure! There are enemies nearby!

Shigure: Are you sure?

Lyci: Look!

(Lyci points ahead. A large group of enemies can be seen. Shigure stops walking, and the others follow his lead to stare at the faction they are no doubt going to be fighting sooner rather than later.)

Shigure: Do you have any idea who they are?

Lyci: No. I just knew I felt something was off. 

Siegbert: Last time, we had to fight against the consorts of the late King Garon... Maybe the time has come for us to fight the monstrous monarch himself. 

Kana: Oh, no... 

Kanaya: I've heard about him... He was a terror on the battlefield when he was in his prime, and it was only old age that kept him from fighting in his later years. 

Kana: Age doesn't impact these invisible soldiers though... That means that he's going to be difficult to deal with. 

Shigure: If that is the case, then we're certainly going to have our work cut out for us. I'm sure that we can take care of it, but... 

Lyci: Why don't we get right down to business then?

Siegbert: I agree with Lyci. We won't be able to reach Thalone unless we power through whoever is coming next, regardless of if that's King Garon or not. 

Shigure: Onward then!

(The screen transitions to after the party has gotten closer to the enemy. There are three notable soldiers among the fighters. The first is King Garon. On either side of him, Iago and Hans can be seen.)

Kana: It's him... 

Kanaya: What do we do?

Siegbert: We have no choice but to strike him down. He stands in our way of defeating Thalone, so he must be defeated. 

Lyci: He was never a good person in the first place, but... We can at least get rid of the possession. 

Shigure: I don't know if I would go that far. There are some signs recorded by my mother that he was once a fine ruler, but... He changed. 

Siegbert: Perhaps he was under Thalone's influence a lot longer than we thought. 

Kana: I wonder... 

Lyci: It doesn't matter how long he was being controlled at the end of the day though. We just have to get rid of him once and for all. 

Kanaya: In that case, we should get everybody ready. 

Lyci: I'll make sure that the rest of our group is ready to fight. 

Shigure: Thank you, Lyci... I don't know what Thalone is thinking by sending King Garon our way, but it isn't going to break our spirits like he might be hoping. If King Garon is in our way, he must be defeated... It's that simple.