(C) Chapter Nine: Draconic Remnants

(Thie scene is inside the palace of Nohr, Castle Krakenburg. Garon is sitting on the throne. Iago knocks on the door)

Garon: Enter.

Iago: King Garon, Lord Corrin has returned. It seems they quelled the rebellion without taking a single life. They have requested an audience with you, my liege. What should I tell them?

Garon: I will be there momentarily.

Iago: Consider it done, your majesty.

(Corrin enters the room and stands with their siblings)

Corrin: I have returned, Father.

Garon: Iago told me of your victory. You've done well.

Corrin: Thank you, Father.

Iago: There is one small problem. I heard from my sources that Corrin did not carry out this mission alone.

Garon: Is this true, Corrin? Did you or did you not face the Ice Tribe alone?

Corrin: ...It is true. I did not fight them alone. I set out on my own, as ordered, but I was ambushed along the way. Reinforcements arrived to help me. Felicia/Jakob, Silas, and Elise saved my life. I couldn't have done it without you. I'm sorry for defying you. I beg your forgiveness.

Garon: You defied my orders and involved not only your retainers but your sister too?

Iago: This behavior simply cannot be tolerated. Such sacrilege demands a severe punishment.

Thalone : Perhaps we should hold off for a while.

(Thalone enters the room)

Thalone : Another test would be sufficient.

Garon: I had another task in mind already. This works out well. I would like you to capture Notre Sagesse and bring it under Nohrian rule.

Corrin: Notre Sagesse...

Garon: It is an island nation separated from the rest of Pheuyura. It is surrounded by ruins of a fallen kingdom. I have heard the ruler may ally with Hoshido. Go immediately and eradicate the Hoshidan soldiers you find along the way.

Corrin: You want me to battle the Hoshidan army...?!

Garon: That isn't a problem, is it? Or, after all that, are you reluctant to raise a sword against the land of your birth?

Corrin: I... I am Nohrian, through and through. I will carry out the mission without fail.

Garon: Do not let me down.

Corrin: I won't fail you, Father.

(The scene transitions to the Nohrian siblings standing together at the palace entrance)

Corrin: It seems I must be off now.

Xander: Take care, Corrin.

Camilla: I do wish I could come with you, but I've been tasked with a mission of my own...

Corrin: We'll be fine, Camilla.

Elise: Yeah! We'll be back in no time flat.

Leo: Elise is going with you? Now I'm really worried.

Elise: Hey! That's not funny, Leo!

Corrin: You two...

Xander: The Rainbow Sage resides in Notre Sagesse. He grants divine power to those he deems worthy. Seek him out.