Chapter Three: Hoshido

(At Valley Settlement, inside the cabin. Corrin wakes up)

Rinkah: You're awake. Sorry about that bump on your head. 

Corrin: It's you! From the Flame Tribe, right? Where are we?

Rinkah: Yes, I am Rinkah. This is a village within Hoshido's territory near where you and your Nohrian cronies attacked our border. I'm going to have to turn you over to the Hoshidan authorities. 

Corrin: I see... They'll want to hear an explanation for the unprovoked attack. And then they'll probably execute me.

Rinkah: I don't think so. 

Corrin: Gods, they're here already?

Rinkah: Yes. It's time to go. 

(Scene changes to a hill outside the cabin. Kaze meets with Rinkah and Corrin)

Corrin: We meet again... Kaze, right?

Kaze: Yes. I'm glad we found you, Lord Corrin. 

(Kaze kneels to Corrin)

Corrin: Wait, what? Am I missing something?

Kaze: Please, come with me. All will be explai--

(A Faceless can be heard in the distance)

Corrin: What was that?

Kaze: Damn... Faceless. 

Rinkah: They're not alone. 

Kaze: If I recall correctly, Lady Hinoka was headed over here due to the sighting of Lord Corrin...

Rinkah: Then let's get going. 

(Kaze and Rinkah run off to follow the sounds of battle)

Corrin: Hinoka? Faceless? What in the world is going on?

(Corrin follows Kaze and Rinkah. Nearby, Saizo, Kagero, and Ryoma can be seen)

Ryoma: Hinoka! Where are you?!

(Hinoka appears. A herd of Faceless are behind her)

Hinoka: Here!

(Hinoka, Ryoma, Saizo, and Kagero approach Kaze, Rinkah, and Corrin)

Hinoka: ...!

Saizo: It's you.

Corrin: I-I swear, I can explain--

Kaze: Hold your fire, Saizo. Lord Corrin is on our side. 

Ryoma: Corrin...

Rinkah: If you don't mind the interruption, we can talk about this later. Faceless are still hot on our heels. 

Ryoma: Yes, you're right. Don't let a single one get away! We can't have the nearby villages being put at risk!

Corrin: What's going on? I don't understan--

Kaze: We will explain everything soon enough. For now, help us defeat the Faceless!

(The battle begins. The map is similar to the game's version, but this version is not snowy, instead having green hills and a spring feeling to it. Kagero, Saizo, Hinoka, and Ryoma are all green NPC units. Rinkah, Kaze, and Corrin can be controlled by the player)

Kaze: Be careful. Even if they're mere mindless beasts, they can cause serious damage. Take your time and heal if need be. I have Vulneraries to pass around should we need them.