(AF) Chapter Seventeen: Early Coronation

Tensions between Hoshido and Nohr have only continued to rise since the death of King Ruther of Nohr. His son, Giovanni, was declared as the next ruler of the territory, but it will still be a few years before he is prepared to take over as king. Both Hoshido and Nohr have come to strongly dislike one another, but neither country has made a move due to their lack of proper authority on the throne. In Valla, the royal family is facing issues of their own, and a new ruler is about to rise to power to fill the empty space left behind.

(The chapter opens to show Aika, the princess of Valla, standing in the palace by herself.)

Aika: Mother... Father... I wish that it didn't have to come to this, but... I promise that I'm going to do everything that I can to make you proud. 

(The gameplay segment of the chapter begins. The objective is to take Aika to the front area of the palace. After such has been accomplished, Aika appears alongside an advisor for the Vallite royal family. There is a crowd gathered in front of them.)

Advisor: It is good to see that you have arrived at last, Lady Aika... The time has come for us to tell the people about what is to come next. 

Aika: Yes... I understand. 

(The advisor turns to the crowd.)

Advisor: Good people of Valla, we come with news regarding the future of our kingdom! As I'm sure you are all aware, we lost the king and queen of our fair nation to illness less than two weeks ago. Their lives were prosperous, and we wish that they will live alongside the goddesses above. 

Aika: ... 

Advisor: This means that the time has come for the rule of Valla to be passed to new hands. The princess and child of our deceased king and queen, Lady Aika, is here with me now. She will be taking up her rightful position on the throne of Valla as soon as she is of age. Until then, a group of the royal family's most trusted advisors will collaborate with Lady Aika to ensure that all decisions made are in the name of continuing the incredible history of the Valla we all care so much for. 

Aika: I will also do what I can to ease the tensions between Hoshido and Nohr for the good of us all. I understand that a lot has taken place between the countries in the past few years, but I will do everything in my power to prevent war from breaking out. I will keep Valla's people safe above all else as your queen, and all who live within our borders will know peace. 

(The crowd claps for Aika.)

Advisor: We must begin making preparations for Lady Aika's future, but we can promise that everything will be kept under control. Thank you all for your patience. 

(The advisor begins to leave the scene, and Aika trails after him.)

Aika: ... 

Advisor: Lady Aika? 

Aika: Can I have some time alone? 

Advisor: Of course, my lady. 

(The advisor leaves, and Aika walks into her bedroom alone.)

Aika: Mother... Father... I don't understand why this is happening. You should have continued to rule Valla for many years to come, but... Now I suppose that it must fall to me. I'll do what I can to make you proud, but... But... 

(Aika begins to cry.)

Aika: It shouldn't have ended this way... I wish more than anything that you could be here with me... May the goddesses watch over you from your place in the afterlife... love you both from the bottom of my heart. 

(Aika sits down on her bed and gives in fully to sobbing as the screen goes to black.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Aika wow

-Digital