(HT) Chapter Six: Border

(The chapter begins with the five walking together towards the border of Hoshido.)

Thalone: We should be getting closer.

Severa: I hope so... The sooner we can find Cerulean, the better.

Lilith: Hoshido is less than an hour's walk away... Though, to be honest, we aren't that far from Nohr either.

Inigo: Truly?

Thalone: She's right. There's one area near the center of Pheuyura where all three countries cross. That's where we'll be entering Hoshido from.

Lilith: Geographically, Valla was always lower down than Hoshido and Nohr. There's a steep fall from Hoshido and Nohr down into Valla. This was remedied by bridges or pathways being constructed at the places where it was most fitting, but most of the time, nothing could be done to bridge the different nations together.

Thalone: Most of these pathways were destroyed when Nohr invaded Valla all that time ago. That means it's even harder to go in between the different countries, though people have still tried... 

Lilith: However, if anybody comes here seeking an escape, they are mostly killed by either the invisible soldiers, the Nohrian patrol, or the Faceless. We've only gotten so far because we're protected by the soldiers, meaning one threat is taken out. The soldiers haven't shown themselves much though, meaning they won't defend us.

Thalone: However, the Nohrian mages patrolling the area leave us alone if the soldiers are around, and if the Faceless try to come near us, they get destroyed by the soldiers watching over us.

Owain: The invisible soldiers... Those apparitions are guardian angels to you both.

Lilith: You could say that... 

Severa: It would be great if they'd fight off the mages for us... That would take one annoyance off our list.

Inigo: Speaking of mages, look.

(Inigo points off into the distance. There is a large group of Nohrian mages coming closer. They are accompanied by many Faceless.)

Owain: Damn! 

Severa: Do you think we'll be able to escape to Hoshido before they catch us?

Thalone: It wouldn't be wise to try... I wouldn't want to be caught between the wall of Hoshido and Valla and the enemy. That would make it much harder to find the upper hand since we'd be cornered.

Inigo: In other words, if we want to get out of this alive, we'll have to fight off the Nohrian mages. 

Lilith: I really wish I could do more to help you. I've been working with a staff recently to learn how to use it, and I'm okay with a knife, but...

Thalone: Your real skill involves using a dragonstone, which we don't have right now.

Lilith: No... I lost it when we were separated.

Owain: What function do dragonstones hold in this world?

Lilith: They allow dragons to take on their true forms. I can use one since I'm the last Astral Dragon.

Thalone: Back when Pheuyura was young, the three dragons, Akiri, Yugare, and Anankos gave their blood to the royalty of their nations. From there, those with particular manifestations of dragon blood or specific genetic patterns gained the ability to transform into dragons, and dragonstones were invented to help them control their power.

Lilith: Since then, they have grown much more scarce. Dragonstones are harder to come by, but since they originated from Valla, they're easiest to find here. 

Severa: Maybe we'll get luck and find one then.

Thalone: In the meantime, if an enemy drops a dagger, use it, Lilith.

Lilith: Understood.

Inigo: Let's take care of the enemy.

(The battle begins. It takes place in Valla, and the enemy consists of all mages, though there are two of note. The first is the boss, Phoebus, while the other is a mage with a dagger. Since it's a rout mission, all enemies will be defeated at some point.)

(When the mage with the dagger is defeated, it is dropped and automatically placed into Lilith's inventory.)

Lilith: Yes! A dagger! I can finally help you fight! 

Inigo: Then let's finish things! 

(When anyone initiates combat with the boss, this dialogue plays out.)

Phoebus: I don't know who you children are, but I won't let you live a moment longer!

(When Phoebus is defeated, this dialogue plays out.)

Phoebus: Ugh... How disgusting...

(After the battle, the party stands over Phoebus.)

Phoebus: You... With the blue hair?

Thalone: Me?

Phoebus: Yes... You look like the newest child of the... Nohrian royal family...

Thalone: I... What?

Phoebus: Maybe you're the father... That kid was stolen from...

(As Phoebus dies, Thalone turns to the other four.)

Thalone: Nohr... I thought Cerulean went to Hoshido.

Lilith: If he really was talking about Cerulean, then something must have gone horribly wrong.

Owain: The father that kid was stolen from...

Inigo: It must have been a kidnapping...

Severa: In that case, it's a good thing we're at the corner of the three nations.

Thalone: I don't know what happened, but I'm going to get to the bottom of it... Let's set a course for Nohr. It's time to find my child.

------------------------------------------------------------

This never posted for some ungodly reason I am so sorry

-Digital