(AF) Chapter Twelve: Whispers of Resistance

Hoshido's lack of political stability made it easy for Mokushu's people to demand the land that they sought. The royalty of Hoshido granted the request to prevent a civil war, but hostilities remained high. Mokushu's culture of remaining strong and stomping on the weak caused issues for those who lived in the territory though. While some were happy with the new government, others found that it didn't properly provide for their needs, and conflict began to rise within the young nation of Mokushu that could potentially push the land into yet another civil war. 

(The chapter opens on Susumu, a man living in Mokushu, talking to his troops.)

Susumu: My neighbors and comrades, the time has come! Mokushu has pushed us down and ignored our needs for far too long because of what they perceive to be weakness. They are harming their own countrymen because they refuse to accept that not every person in this nation is a fighter. If they wish to hurt us, we'll simply have to strike back! The time has come for us to invade the nearby fortress and show that our resistance will not be ignored! 

(The crowd cheers in response. The scene shifts to show Susumu and his men standing outside of the fortress in question.)

Susumu: The time is now! We charge! 

(The chapter begins. The objective is to use Susumu and his nameless rebellion troops to seize the fortress on the other side of the map. The chapter will end when the building has been claimed.)

(After the battle ends, the following dialogue plays out as Susumu speaks to his troops once again.)

Susumu: After a lengthy, difficult fight, we have found victory! This fortress is a strong enough point for us to use to establish our dominance over Mokushu. We have been voicing our issues for many years, and since the main government refused to listen, we simply had to take drastic measures. They brought this on themselves due to their blatant ignorance. 

(The men all cheer their agreement.)

Susumu: The current leader of the nation has yet to respond. Daishi does not deserve the title of daimyo that his father passed down to him. For Akiri's sake, one might even argue that Kousei was too harsh in saying that he was worthy of such a name. No true leader will freely stomp on those beneath them for the sake of remaining strong. That is not the way that one should rule a nation, and we won't allow for such to continue for any longer. Either Daishi will change his policies and show proof of his evolution or we will leave behind his country. Mokushu will grow even smaller if we depart. If he understands his options, he will know what is best. 

(Susumu glances out over the crowd before him.)

Susumu: We knew going into this battle that this could lead to a civil war. I have sent letters to the nations of Izumo and Hoshido asking for their support. Izumo has elected to remain neutral, but Hoshido is with us. As long as we have the support of such a strong nation, we are destined to succeed. Hoshido has grown stronger, and we will ally ourselves with that power to bring Mokushu to its knees until we are treated the same way that the most powerful fighters in the nation are! 

(The crowd roars in approval once again.)

Susumu: For now, let us celebrate this victory! We must be patient of what else awaits us, but  we have made grand strides here today to show what we are truly capable of. This fortress is ours, and it will be a cornerstone to our revolution! The time of peace begins today! 

(The chapter ends as the crowd explodes into applause at Susmu's words.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to play Age of Calamity but somebody else is on my house's Switch >: (

-Digital