(B) Chapter Twenty-Three: Tears of a Dragon

(The party is walking through Windmire a few hours after the battle with Camilla. Corrin is with the other royals and Lilith)

Corrin: I think we're about done for today... Let's retreat to the astral plane for now. Lilith, if you would be so kind...

Lilith: Of course, Lord Corrin...

(Lilith opens a rift to the astral plane, prompting the rest of the party to travel to the astral plane. The royalty step through the gate. The screen fades to white. When it returns to color, the party is in the player's My Castle)

Corrin: Home sweet home...

Ryoma : This is just what you need after a long day of travel.

Takumi: I don't know if we'll have time for it just yet...

Azura: What do you mean?

Takumi: We've got company.

(Hans and an army of invisible soldiers enter the castle from the bottom of the map)

Hans: So, this is where you've been hiding!

Hinoka : I didn't think they had the power to come here! Lilith told us only astral dragons could pass through the gate!

Lilith: I thought that was the case...

Corrin: We don't have time to dwell on it any longer. Prepare to fight!

(The battle begins. Your party is gathered around the front of the map. The goal is to defend the throne for ten turns or to defeat the boss, Hans. There are frequently respawning units from either side of the castle)

(Hans is fought in battle)

Hans: Under the orders of the king, you will die!

(Corrin initiates combat with Hans)

Corrin: What are you doing here? How did you track us?

Hans: I have much more power than you realize. Let's just say I have something in my corner to use against you. We were struggling with taking you down on Nohrian soil, so we had to follow you here.

Corrin: I don't understand how you ended up here.

Hans: It's none of your concern. You'll be dying now anyways!

(Hans is defeated)

Hans: Hoshidan scum...

(After the battle if Hans was not defeated)

Hans: That's enough... Retreat!

Corrin: Not on my watch!

(Corrin transforms into a dragon and goes after Hans, knocking away his weapon. Corrin shifts back to normal. If Hans was defeated in the battle, the conversation picks up here. The royals and Lilith stand around Hans)

Corrin: It's over.

Hans: I was given instructions to kill you before the day is done. King Garon will have my head if I don't.

Hinoka : He can only have your head if you get out of this alive.

Hans: How can you be so sure?

Ryoma : It's what happens to people like you. Goodbye.

( Ryoma strikes at Hans, draining his HP)

Hans: Grnk!

Corrin: After all you and your king have done to my people, your time has come. Say your prayers to whatever god you hail.

Hans: Hmph...

(Corrin and the rest of the royals all begin to walk away. Lilith pauses for a moment, frowning down at him)

Lilith: We'll dispose of you later.

Hans: I wouldn't... I wouldn't be so sure...

(Hans reaches for his axe and throws it at Lilith. It lodges itself in her chest, making her scream. Corrin turns around and runs to Lilith. Sakura trails behind)

Corrin: Lilith! No!

Hans: I wish... I could have... done more...

(Hans dies. Corrin cradles Lilith in their arms)

Corrin: You're going to be okay! I promise!

Lilith: I... I need to tell you something... My... My dragonstone... I didn't make it like I said...

Corrin: You told me you put it together after looking at mine...

Lilith: I lied... It was given... to me... as a gift...

(Sakura begins trying to heal Lilith with her staff)

Corrin: A gift? From who?

Lilith: I cannot say... But now... it is yours... Behold... the sacred dragonstone of the lost kingdom... Asazhi...

Corrin: Didn't the Rainbow Sage mention it?

Lilith: He may have... I don't know... But I... I am sorry for leaving you...

Corrin: Don't say that! You're going to be fine!

Lilith: I'm afraid... healing staves don't work on the dying...

Sakura: I-It isn't working!

Corrin: Lilith, you can't leave me! Please!

Lilith: Goodbye, Corrin... Big... bling... I'm sorry... for failing in my mission... Sorry, sir...

(Lilith dies)

Corrin: No... No... This can't be happening... Lilith...

Sakura: I-I'm sorry I couldn't save her...

Corrin: You don't need to blame yourself... I-I know you tried...

Sakura: Are... Are you okay...?

Corrin: H-Honestly...? Not really...

Sakura: I-It's going to be okay... It's hard, but... You're strong. You'll get through this.

Corrin: F-For the sake of Lilith... I will end this war. I can't get my revenge on Hans since he's dead now, but... I will end this battle in her honor.

Sakura: I know you will... I know you will... 

---------------------------------------------

Mmmmm six chapters left

-Digital