(C) Chapter Twenty-Five: Ryoma

(The scene opens on Azura and Corrin talking inside the Hoshidan palace)

Corrin: Where is Ryoma? We need to fight him before Garon arrives. If he and his men come, we'll be forced to—

Azura: Don't say that. We'll find a way... I suspect he's in the room just before the throne. There aren't any guards here. He must be going on the defensive.

Corrin: Damn! That's where we're meeting up with the others! We need to—

Iago: Hello, Lord Corrin. Lady Azura.

Corrin: What do you want?

Iago: I merely wished to greet you. After all, our groups are reunited now.

Corrin: Joy.

Iago: I take it you killed that pesky Hoshidan princess?

Corrin: Is this proof for you?

(Corrin shows the bloodied lance)

Iago: A bloody spear... Hm... This doesn't seem to be proof. It's not much of a trophy either. Why didn't you bring us her head?

Corrin: There is no time for flashy displays. This is war.

Iago: You wouldn't have let the princess escape, would you?

Corrin: You insult me. For that, maybe I'll have to let my sword cut off your head next.

Garon: Iago.

Iago: Yes, my liege?

Garon: That's enough. This trivial matter is not worth further discussion.

Iago: But if the princess is alive, it would impact our campaign...

Garon: And what could a mouse like her do against my army? Even if she lives, it would be all too easy to crush her once the kingdom falls. Do you intend to make me wait over something so trifling?

Iago: Of course not...

Garon: Then let us go.

(The scene transitions to the Nohrian army in the room where Ryoma is)

Ryoma : You made it. That can mean only one thing... The Hoshidan army has fallen.

Iago: How observant of you. Your troops have been obliterated. Princess Sakura is our prisoner, and Prince Takumi jumped from the Great Wall of Suzanoh in despair.

Ryoma: ...

Iago: Oh, but there's one more thing...

(Iago throws Hinoka's lance into the ground)

Ryoma : Hinoka's lance... You! I swear, you will pay for this!

Iago: Oh, but it wasn't I who killed her. That honor goes to Lord Corrin. Isn't that right?

Corrin: Yes... I did it.

Ryoma : What?! You killed Hinoka?! You killed our sister?!

Corrin: ...

Ryoma : This is madness! You mean to say the blood on this lance is Hinoka's?! Answer me, Corrin! Answer me!!

Corrin: It's true. I killed her... I killed Hinoka.

Ryoma : Gods, no! You murderous fiend!!