(R) Chapter Twenty-Seven: Chains of the Light

(The chapter opens to show Corrin and Azura together in the palace of Valla. They stand before a large pair of doors leading to the throne room.)

Corrin: This is it... We're almost there. 

Azura: This must be the throne room, so on the other side of these doors... 

Corrin: Yeah. We're going to have to fight Anankos... I'm ready. Are you? 

Azura: Of course. We've come too far to back down now. 

Corrin: I'm glad we agree... Let's get in there. 

???: Not so fast. 

Azura: Who's there?

(Mikoto appears.)

Corrin: M... Mother!

Azura: What are you doing here? 

Mikoto: I cannot let you breach this door... Anankos is on the other side. 

Corrin: What? You're under his spell! You have to let us free you, Mother! 

Mikoto: I fight for the sake of my first love, Corrin... This is a decision I will not go back on... 

Corrin: First love...?

Azura: What are you talking about?

Mikoto: I'll tell you nothing so long as you insist on standing against him. You can surrender and hear the truth or fight me without knowing. 

Corrin: ...Surrender was never an option this far into the war. We've got a continent to save, and... We can't back away now. 

Mikoto: Tragic... Truly, I was hoping that you would decide on something else... But if you insist on fighting... Let the game begin. 

(The battle begins. The objective is to defeat the boss, Mikoto, who stands in front of the doors to the throne room. There are various soldiers scattered about the room of mixed Hoshidan and Nohrian classes. Mikoto's inventory holds a staff called Miranew.)

(If Corrin initiates combat with Mikoto, the following dialogue plays out.)

Corrin: Mother... I knew this was going to happen, but I still didn't want it to end this way. 

Mikoto: Corrin... Surely you must know of what you must do... Unless you wish to join me...

Corrin: You know just as well as I do that such is not an option... I'll free you from this madness, Mother. I promise!

(If Azura initiates combat with Mikoto, the following dialogue plays out.)

Azura: I had been hoping that things would be different with you, but... It appears my prayers were in vain. 

Mikoto: I have already made my choice just as you have already made yours. 

Azura: I see... Then allow me to show you just how confident I am in my decision here and now. 

(If Ryoma initiates combat with Mikoto, the following dialogue plays out.)

Ryoma: Mother... It was inevitable that we would find ourselves at odds here, but... Still, I find it to be tragic that it had to end this way. 

Mikoto: Just as stoic as ever, I see... 

Ryoma: I have a duty to uphold here today, and I will not let you get in my way. Prepare yourself. 

Fire Emblem Fates RewriteOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara