(R) Endgame: Fate's Apex

(The battle begins as soon as the previous one draws to a close. On this map, various enemies have filled the space not occupied by Thalone, who has taken the form of Anankos at the top of the battlefield. The objective is to defeat Anankos once and for all, making it a defeat boss chapter.)

(If Corrin initiates combat with Anankos, the following dialogue plays out.)

Corrin: This is where it all ends... You've gone too far for redemption, so I'm not going to try and fix things. Perhaps, in another life... Down another path... We could have been together. Still, I won't let my newfound knowledge of our relationship keep me from doing what I have to. Get ready, Anankos. You won't stop me now!

(If Lilith initiates combat with Anankos, the following dialogue plays out.)

Lilith: I truly wish that things could have gone another way, but... Thinking about how the past could have gone will help no one. All we can do now is fight in the name of the future that we're trying to bring to this continent. Prepare yourself, Anankos! Everything ends here and now!

(If anyone else initiates combat with Anankos, the following dialogue plays out.)

Anankos: You are fools... For turning against a god... Pay for your betrayal... With death!

(When Anankos is defeated, the following dialogue plays out.)

Anankos: No... This cannot be... I... Urgh...

(After the battle, Corrin, Azura, and Lilith stand near Anankos, who is beginning to disappear into the purple fire.)

Corrin: It's all over... At long last, it's all over.

Anankos: Cerulean...?

Corrin: ...

Anankos: I'm sorry about all of this... 

Lilith: What...?

Anankos: I got carried away, and... This is the fate I deserve for my crimes... 

Azura: Corrin... What do you have to say?

Corrin: ...I'm sorry it had to end this way, but... I would have loved for things to be different in another life. Even so, what matters now is the future. 

Anankos: With my death, this continent will no longer have gods... The fate of Pheuyura is left in the hands of the people... What will you do with that power...?

Corrin: We'll forge a new future. We've been fighting all this time in the name of a new world that can be freed of war and tyranny, and we're going to continue crafting such an existence even now. 

Anankos: I'm proud of you... Goodbye, Pheuyura... Goodbye, children... 

(Anankos fully disappears into the purple fire. With his defeat, a large mass of energy sweeps through the area.)

Azura: This is it... The raw power of a god... 

Corrin: It isn't hurting us... But what could it mean? 

Lilith: I'm sure that it changed something, but... I don't know what it could be. 

Corrin: Either way, I... I want to get out of here. We have a lot to do outside of Valla. Hoshido and Nohr... No, the rest of the continent is waiting for us. 

(The trio leaves the castle. When they step outside, they find Valla's landscape blank aside from the castle.)

Azura: I don't understand...